• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Too Funny

#1 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-May-08, 21:54

What's kind of funny is that I got t-boned in my car two days after I started this thread:

http://www.bridgebas...ix/page__st__20
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#2 User is online   kenberg 

Posted 2015-May-09, 06:17

I do not believe that there is some sort of cosmic balance sheet.
However.
Playing bridge yesterday partner opened 1NT. With my12 highs I raised to 3NT. As I spread the dummy I carefully did not say "This should be easy" or "try not to make too many". It seems that every time I say such a thing somehow the cards lie oddly and partner goes down. In fact this happened later. After an invitational auction in NT partner signed off in 2, and, spreading the dummy, said I hope you don't make 3. I went down 2.

As to cars:
In 1980 I bought a new car. After about a month I was driving on the highway in the rain. I was not passing anyone, but I am not a particularly slow driver either. Anyway the guy in front of me tapped his breaks, I tapped mine maybe too hard, not knowing what was up, and the car went into a massive skid. To the left, then the right, back to the left, all over the place, finally stopping after a 180 degree rotation. New cars often come (or at least then came) with less than great tires and I went out and got new tires not long after that episode. Anyway, as I was spinning here and there I was irrationally obsessed with the fate of the car rather than myself.

The idea that humans are rational beings is a serious delusion.
Ken

#3 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-12, 17:34

In High School I had a car before most of my peers and drove 4 of us to Hubbard Ohio on a Canadian-American friendship junket. Passing a transport I hit a puddle of slush and went sideways for a loooong stretch at 70 miles per right beside it.

I never believed in God in a traditional sense but sure believed in a higher power after that. I subscribe to the John Lennon theory that death is like getting out of one car and into another and think that the "higher power" is more like M in Star Trek, with a sense of humour.

At least it seemed funny when my terrified silent passengers picked up our aborted conversation after the car was righted without missing a beat.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-12, 17:54

Don't worry about it Phil. Just coincidence.

MikeH is still alive and kicking. If God was looking for some sort of retaliation due to that topic you started, Mike would be the one he is after. Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is online   kenberg 

Posted 2015-May-12, 17:59

View Postggwhiz, on 2015-May-12, 17:34, said:

the "higher power" is more like M [or Q if the case may be] in Star Trek, with a sense of humour.

I am totally beyond salvation but if I were ever to take up religion this would be my choice.

At about the same age I was driving my '47 Plymouth with a friend, I put on the brakes and the pedal went to the floor with no decrease in car speed. This was winter in Minnesota and I aimed toward a snowbank. I went up and over the curb, and came to a stop with the bank in front and underneath us, a stop sign about a foot to the left, and a tree about a foot to the right. My passenger just could not say enough about my "wonderful driving". Right. My wonderful driving was that I jammed the steering wheel to the right, hoped for the best, bounced around a bit going over the curb, and lucked out. But I figure if someone wants to praise my bidding and play for making a slam when I am off to cashable aces, who am I to object?
Ken

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-13, 11:21

View Postggwhiz, on 2015-May-12, 17:34, said:

I subscribe to the John Lennon theory that death is like getting out of one car and into another and think that the "higher power" is more like M in Star Trek, with a sense of humour.

You mean Q?

#7 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-14, 05:53

View Postbarmar, on 2015-May-13, 11:21, said:

You mean Q?

Yup. I thought M took over when she got offed in the James Bond movie for a while.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users