BBO Discussion Forums: how to upload LIN file from handgenerator for Teammatch - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to upload LIN file from handgenerator for Teammatch

#1 User is offline   nils123 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-May-05, 06:10

We are trying to host team matches where we want to use predealt Boards from a hand generator.
how do we upload this, it failed using the std LIN and DUP format.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-05, 13:11

View Postnils123, on 2015-May-05, 06:10, said:

We are trying to host team matches where we want to use predealt Boards from a hand generator.
how do we upload this, it failed using the std LIN and DUP format.

Hi Nils,

First, create a folder of hands where you'll upload the lin file. To do that:
- click Hands and Results
- click Import LIN file

You'll be prompted to choose a folder or create one.
- Click Create Hand Folder and name it something you'll remember.
- Then, click the "Select" button next to this folder you have just created

A window will appear, prompting you to "choose file" from your computer. Find the .lin file you wish to use, then click Import.

You'll see a message saying "X hands uploaded"

So now you have the hands in web format and you can use them for team matches, tourneys, or whatever else you need.

Next click List all tables > Team Matches > Create Team Match
In the team match settings, tick the radio button for "Use saved deals"
The button for Select Folder will become active, and you can click it to select the folder of hands where you have uploaded the lin file.

Make sure the number of boards for your team match is the same as the number of boards in your prepared folder.

One more thought. If you are trying to run several team matches with players playing same boards, you'll need to either have all TM hosts follow these steps, using the same LIN file, or choose one of the group and have him email support@bridgebase.com to ask permission to host more than one match at a time. Then, this player with extra hosting permissions will be able to set up all the matches using the same folder of hands - which will be easier and also safer, since there will be less people who have seen the hands in advance.

#3 User is offline   nils123 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-May-08, 02:18

I have followed the same route as you suggest Diana, but it fails after i have selected the .lin file and hit "import"

it only tells it can't read the Board information. We tried from other users and diffrent files.

do we need another format of the file, we have tried both std .dup and .lin.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-May-08, 02:31

View Postnils123, on 2015-May-08, 02:18, said:

I have followed the same route as you suggest Diana, but it fails after i have selected the .lin file and hit "import"

it only tells it can't read the Board information. We tried from other users and diffrent files.

do we need another format of the file, we have tried both std .dup and .lin.

Lin should work. So the import doesn't succeed because it won't recognize something about the file. There could be bugs in this area, please email me (diana@bridgebase.com) the file you wish to upload and I'll ask a tech to check the formatting and see why it gives error.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users