BBO Discussion Forums: Gib,I really don't know what you said. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gib,I really don't know what you said.

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-May-02, 19:18

Gib,I really don't know what you said.

First,1 says " limited major raise - 5+,10-12TPs" ,It is my first time to see such similar explanations.
Second,my 3 says " 3+,3,14-21hcp,15-22TPs ".Here I am sure this is not complete explanation on my 3.
At that time I saw its explanations in my eye are " 3+,3, partial stopper in ,14-21hcp,15-22TPs ".

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-02, 20:19

Did you really mean to report this? Really?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-May-02, 21:06

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-02, 20:19, said:

Did you really mean to report this? Really?

Why would he not want to report this? What in the world is "limit major raise" without specifying something about a major suit? And shouldn't the explanation of 3 include something about spades?

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-02, 22:03

View PostBbradley62, on 2015-May-02, 21:06, said:

Why would he not want to report this? What in the world is "limit major raise" without specifying something about a major suit? And shouldn't the explanation of 3 include something about spades?

The point I am trying to make is, some people are complaining about the aircondition of the house, when the house is on fire. Let's kill the fire first. Most of those complaints are not even being responded by mods. Let's face it, obviously they are short handed and if we expect them to fix everything, we will probably achieve nothing. It does not really require a rocket scientist to figure "limit major raise" was a typo. And for the 3 and 4 explanations; when GIB repeats the same explanation that it made in 3rd or 4th round of bidding, it means it has no particular agreement or meaning for that bid. It means "you are on your own for the rest of the auction, that's all the info I can give you" At this point you have to understand that GIB is about to get confused and it is better to keep things or decisions simple. Any smart bid attempt at this point is probably not a smart thing to do.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-May-03, 00:28

View PostMrAce, on 2015-May-02, 22:03, said:

The point I am trying to make is, some people are complaining about the aircondition of the house, when the house is on fire. Let's kill the fire first. Most of those complaints are not even being responded by mods. Let's face it, obviously they are short handed and if we expect them to fix everything, we will probably achieve nothing. It does not really require a rocket scientist to figure "limit major raise" was a typo. And for the 3 and 4 explanations; when GIB repeats the same explanation that it made in 3rd or 4th round of bidding, it means it has no particular agreement or meaning for that bid. It means "you are on your own for the rest of the auction, that's all the info I can give you" At this point you have to understand that GIB is about to get confused and it is better to keep things or decisions simple. Any smart bid attempt at this point is probably not a smart thing to do.

Here I and some people,we have many many of discussions on robot,learn from each other and understand robot with each other.
However your comments let us feel uncomfortable,even some words are boring comments with beside the point. What are you discussing with us ?
It is just due to these complaint reports you identified,bbo can find many of bugs and errors,our complain reports are valuable, which proves that were not in vain.
If bbo think our complainish reports are redundant, very simple to us, we can shut up, it's no big deal !!!

#6 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-03, 01:12

MrAce, I don't think it's your place to police what bugs should and shouldn't be reported. As a software developer, personally I'd prefer end users report all found bugs, whether I have time to address all of them or not. It's my job or someone on the team's job to sort through the reports and prioritize the fixes depending on severity & frequency of occurrence. Even if some of the more obscure auctions don't get fixed for awhile or ever, it's good to have a record of the bug report somewhere, I'd rather have it and know about it rather than "no one ever complained about this before". I certainly don't want one end user trying to judge whether some other end user's problem is worthy or not and encouraging non-report of problems.

If BBO didn't want us to report everything, they wouldn't have this forum, or they'd post some sticky about "please only post bugs you think are severe & common".

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-03, 03:24

View Postlycier, on 2015-May-03, 00:28, said:

Here I and some people,we have many many of discussions on robot,learn from each other and understand robot with each other.
However your comments let us feel uncomfortable,even some words are boring comments with beside the point. What are you discussing with us ?

View PostRain, on 2009-December-07, 19:29, said:

Do understand that this is a public (moderated) forum - any BBFer can see and reply to your post and give their opinion too. Not everyone wil share your opinion about what constitutes a GIB bug.

This is not for venting against GIB. Bug reports here are meant to help the developers improve GIB and make it play better.

Posted Image

View Postlycier, on 2015-May-03, 00:28, said:

It is just due to these complaint reports you identified,bbo can find many of bugs and errors,our complain reports are valuable, which proves that were not in vain.
If bbo think our complainish reports are redundant, very simple to us, we can shut up, it's no big deal !!!

I am neither policing nor asking you not to report bugs. But if you fill the front page with same bug but different hands, continuously, even your own previous topics are disappearing without anyone seeing them! Check the topics you started. No mod response, sometimes 1 or at best 2 poster replied. Most of them are empty, no reply whatsoever. What does this tell you? They are either not seen due to "report inflation" and being kicked to 2nd page or they are being ignored due to addressing the same issue. Do you think me or other GIB players disagree with the issues you posted? Do you think we do not suffer from them? Do you think I do not want each and every single issue you posted to be fixed? Of course I do.

I believe, rightly or wrongly, that we need to do more than just being a data collector/bug reporter. In order to help the people who are improving GIB we need to tell them our priorities. And none of those can be made in the absence of either Fred, Uday, Josh, Barmar (at least one of them). But looking at the reports, if I was one of them, I would not want to engage with any of them. And I would not know which one to engage with in forums. Every post is being pushed down to 2nd page so quickly that I would not even have time to follow them.

Yes, I see you all have made your points and proved that GIB makes bids and plays and explanations from another planet. Isn't it time to tell them which ones you want to be fixed the most, which ones you can live with and which ones you can not, as their customer? Instead of reporting anything and everything that does not fit in our "Dream GIB" expectation.

#8 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-May-03, 04:06

You are way off here MrAce. We can report whatever we want. If you think it's not a bug that's a different story, but now you're just being obnoxious.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#9 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-May-03, 09:28

Development of the robot's workload is very big, need more enthusiastic players to make some efforts together, even if a lot of my threads are empty and many opinions are not adopted, really doesn't matter, I don't mind because all of Gib issues are a very very complicated things, including bidding system,bugs,errors,network and the browser etc etc.
I know bbo is very difficult to comfirm the exact reasons in many times .I just expressed my concern,my oponions and my thought on some robot issues. Most of the time, we were divided in our opinions about our "complain" threads, like other forums,these are very normal things.
Do you think I am violating the bbo service regulations in this forum?
If don't really love bbo,what else?

#10 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-03, 14:41

View Postgwnn, on 2015-May-03, 04:06, said:

You are way off here MrAce. We can report whatever we want. If you think it's not a bug that's a different story, but now you're just being obnoxious.

Of course I do not think it is a bug. Since when did you lose your ability to read and understand? Sticky says any forum member can reply and that they do not have to agree that it is a bug. And in this topic it was not. At least not for me. If you cannot separate a typo from bug, I can not help you. Isn't it obvious to anyone to know that 1 was meant to be explained "limit minor raise. 5+ 10-12" Especially after opponents showed majors ?

I never said "do not report this or that" My point is simple " what purpose does it serve to report something that addresses the same issue on and on and on, by same poster?" We all know GIB has issues with explanations. I think whomever is trying to fix it, got the message already. Further reports pointing to same issue is close to being a spam if made by 1 person.

You can report whatever you want, and I have the right to disagree with your report and whether it serves the purpose written in the sticky or not. Neither of us have to be called obnoxious for doing so.Posted Image

#11 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-May-03, 15:11

If you don't think it's a bug, say so and explain what you mean. Up until the last post you didn't even say anything about the 1S and 3S bids, just about lycier. I don't think lycier posts the same bug over and over. He just posts a lot of bugs, some of them repeat, I know, but what else can you do. The software developers are busy I know but the more reports they have the better they can do their job. They can tell us if we report too many things, they don't need an ambassador. Telling people who are trying to help that it is not welcome is obnoxious unless you work for BBO. I don't want to get into a shouting match here but you should just realize that you're in a minority here and maybe reconsider these posts.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#12 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2015-May-03, 19:22

View Postgwnn, on 2015-May-03, 15:11, said:

If you don't think it's a bug, say so and explain what you mean. Up until the last post you didn't even say anything about the 1S and 3S bids, just about lycier.

Csaba...please read post #4.
You will see that I mentioned that it was an obvious "typo" And I still think it is way too obvious (I am talking about the explanation of 1 bid, which is pretty much the reason this topic was created)
And I was not really telling any of you not to report bugs, or report the ones that I believe is important and yours is not. I don't know what you all thinking but I started to believe that GIB gotten worse...I mean 1 NT with 6-5 hands, totally messed up explanations and all. And their frequency being high. Things I had never witnessed before.

I have nothing against Lycier by the way. If my disagreement offended with what he thinks is a bug, then I am sorry. I still think it is a typo. I may as well be wrong though.

#13 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-May-03, 23:11

Let's finish the discussion.
As we know that Gib play "up-the-line response,that is to say responder's 1 doesn't deny possible 4-card major.
Clearly,now Gib's 1 is regarded as self raising bid on Gib CC,however Gib maybe ignore its responding principle.This presents a paradox.
Here I can make a example:

Gib W also can hold :
:A642
:75
:J9752
:A2
Clearly,after opening 1,Gib W also respond 1,ok?
No double,No trouble.
After 1,suddently Gib N make double,my redouble only show exact 3-card support,now it is Gib W turn,how to show its hand with power of self raising ? Because rebid-1 is defined as self raising bid,both of west and east will lose a choice of 4-4 major fit.How to reconcile this paradox?

If east is dealer and north is unpassed 4th seat,this issue will become more serious.

My idea is Don't bury possible 4-card major of responder holding because of opponents's double (under the precondition of playing up-the-line response).

Above all,that is my thought,I will be appreciated anyone who points out my wrong.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users