BBO Discussion Forums: Made 7NT when defender on lead had the A of Clubs - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Made 7NT when defender on lead had the A of Clubs very bizarre

#21 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-May-04, 08:24

View PostTrinidad, on 2015-May-04, 02:13, said:

Not when the opening leader has claimed the first two tricks (and conceded the rest).

Once he's claimed, with an incomplete statement (no line of play), all doubtful points, including whether he will actually get in, are resolved in favor of the other side.

What's more interesting is that saying "I'll take these" does seem to constitute a claim, whereas just dropping the aces on the table does not -- and thus the two situations are resolved differently, one under claim procedures, the other under penalty card procedures.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#22 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-May-04, 10:09

View Postmanudude03, on 2015-May-04, 06:12, said:

The claimant wasn't on lead, so what's to say you were getting those 2 aces?

Good point.

It's vacation here. I probably hadn't switched my brain on yet and had overlooked the part that the claimer wasn't on lead. Either way, I agree with Cyberyeti that this was a claim and that the aces were not penalty cards.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users