BBO Discussion Forums: Please make a room for partnership only or a VIP section.. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please make a room for partnership only or a VIP section.. BBO made me become a racist and a snob.

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2015-April-28, 20:24

Just login in and playing vs randoms is often impossible. After 2 or 3 alerts many just quit, the best we can hope to get is a tough but rude player from a specific contry. His patient partner (PP) will see bids that are incomprehensible and some serious handhogging. If PP make a slight defensive mistake he will hear about it, how can you make 2 or 3 stupid bids in a row and complain that your partner made a misdefense ? This is because they think they bid well.

Its a country that I would very much to visit one day but I wish I could auto-block their players on bbo. Booting them out of the table is even starting to become one of my guilty pleasure.

If you dont want to make a partnership only room make a vip/patron section, many will be happy to pay a fee per year just to play vs a more serious opposition.

BBo make money, serious players play vs serious players, social player do not suffer 3 or 4 alerts in a row or get their ass kicked by stronger players all the time. Win-win-win.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-28, 21:38

Gee... what country could he possibly be referring to?

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-April-28, 21:45

Bbradley62, on 2015-April-28, 21:38, said:

Gee... what country could he possibly be referring to?

I dunno... maybe MrAce knows? ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-April-28, 23:05

Why not practice versus robots though, when you don't have friends online willing to play at your table? I don't think even in your VIP room suggestion you'll find a regular partnership willing to practice vs your system, who will also understand its depths and adapt their own system to cater to yours instead of blindly playing their bog 2/1 with the occasional misunderstandings generated by them ignoring your alerts.

#5 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2015-April-29, 00:25

Why not practice versus robots

generated by them ignoring your alerts.

Its exactly why there should be have been "partnerships only" rooms 10 years ago. Why would serious players who want to practice for a serious event would want to play vs bots or vs people who are ignoring alerts ?

Some people play bridge and do not know how to keep score its ok, some people never made a defensive signals in defense its ok too, some only know their national bidding system and never heard of strong clubs or transfers over 1C again ive got no problem with those players. But a serious competitive player would want to play against his peers from time to time dont you think ? Do you think a chess expert prefer to play vs a social player or versus another expert ? Do you think a heavyweight boxer like to fight vs a 150-155 lb boxer ?

Its basic common sense for sports and games matchmaking if you dont have a rating system at least help the players in their matchmaking. If they want to play vs a random or weak opponents they can still do it... Why not give the choice to the players ?
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-April-29, 01:23

benlessard, on 2015-April-29, 00:25, said:

Its exactly why there should be have been "partnerships only" rooms 10 years ago. Why would serious players who want to practice for a serious event would want to play vs bots or vs people who are ignoring alerts ?

Some people play bridge and do not know how to keep score its ok, some people never made a defensive signals in defense its ok too, some only know their national bidding system and never heard of strong clubs or transfers over 1C again ive got no problem with those players. But a serious competitive player would want to play against his peers from time to time dont you think ? Do you think a chess expert prefer to play vs a social player or versus another expert ? Do you think a heavyweight boxer like to fight vs a 150-155 lb boxer ?

Its basic common sense for sports and games matchmaking if you dont have a rating system at least help the players in their matchmaking. If they want to play vs a random or weak opponents they can still do it... Why not give the choice to the players ?

I agree with what you are saying and understand the suggestion in full. What I think is, there aren't all that many serious partnerships out there willing to put up with unfamiliar systems too. By the way this is just my personal opinion, not some official BBO take.

What I think would work is adding an option to Help Me Find A Game asking partnerships to be matched with other partnerships - but that won't guarantee that the partnership you end up against will be better than the random expert + PP

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users