BBO Discussion Forums: UI on asking about an artificial bid - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UI on asking about an artificial bid is there UI or not?

#21 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-30, 12:08

I would expect that in this case, the answer is "whether I need to Alert partner's 2 when it gets around to him, oh, and know what it means, too"; possibly with a fillip of "Well, if *I* don't have a problem with 2 whatever it means, that passes UI (but the AI of 'I passed first time' probably makes that moot); but now partner will have the problem of 'I want to bid if...', and now they'll nail *him* for passing UI" and just a smidgeon of "we'll finesse against the hand that asked, because he has the points. But if there's a UI case, we'll get that too!"

I have been accused of being paranoid. I also know players who it is worth being paranoid about.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#22 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-30, 13:04

View Postmycroft, on 2015-April-30, 12:08, said:

I have been accused of being paranoid. I also know players who it is worth being paranoid about.

As "Harold Finch" said on "Person of Interest" last night, you're not paranoid if they really are after you.

My favorite quote on this though, is the anti-submarine warfare ship skipper who said "Of course I'm paranoid! The question is whether I'm paranoid enough".
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#23 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 03:30

I should clarify. Let me put it more clearly in a Poll - see new topic

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 04:20

View PostTrinidad, on 2015-April-30, 06:39, said:

In addition, both a natural weak two in hearts and a weak two in a specific other suit were alertable.

Natural bids are announced. But Lucas-type bids, which can be considered a variety of weak 2 in hearts, are alerted.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users