BBO Discussion Forums: Getting a series of constructed hands into BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting a series of constructed hands into BBO To play vs robots or friends

#1 User is offline   hokum 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-April-24, 04:40

Hi there, a friend of mine is a bridge teacher and wants to test hands he has created against robots and friends online. Is there a simple way to get a series of hands into BBO?

Edit: How about with predetermined leads & contracts? Is it possible to create a .LIN file from a bunch of hands created in handviewer? Is it a matter of exporting them all then copying the long text string into a text document then renaming that .LIN?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-24, 04:50

View Posthokum, on 2015-April-24, 04:40, said:

Hi there, a friend of mine is a bridge teacher and wants to test hands he has created against robots and friends online. Is there a simple way to get a series of hands into BBO?

You can easily upload a LIN file containing multiple hands using the web client (Hands and results -> Import LIN file), putting them into a folder that can then be used as the Deal Source for a table.

There is also the Hand Editor for putting in custom hands (Hand and results->Hand editor) although it's pretty slow for doing a lot of hands.

There are various utilities around to create LIN files from other formats.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   zenbiddist 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-April-24, 05:31

View Postpaulg, on 2015-April-24, 04:50, said:

You can easily upload a LIN file containing multiple hands using the web client (Hands and results -> Import LIN file), putting them into a folder that can then be used as the Deal Source for a table.

There is also the Hand Editor for putting in custom hands (Hand and results->Hand editor) although it's pretty slow for doing a lot of hands.

There are various utilities around to create LIN files from other formats.

Thanks Paul!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users