BBO Discussion Forums: Womens Festival Bridge Tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Womens Festival Bridge Tournament How to play in Tournament

#1 User is offline   shirley73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-April-15, 10:53

I contacted BBO on Sunday and have not heard from them. I went on the website for this tournament and registered and I thought the instructions were that they were listed on the BBO websites. There are pairs, robots, etc. I have times listed but when I go on to search starting about 30 minutes before the game is to start nothing is listed. I have gone on the Women's Festival website and it shows the games began usually a few minutes after the time shown on the paper b ut nothing was listed. This is listed on the little insert box on the BBO website and it is the first listing. Thanks for the help.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-April-15, 11:08

Login to BBO. Go to "List All Tournaments" and select "All Tournaments". Enter "women" into the search box to filter it down to tournaments with this in their title, and you should see the tournament.

The tournaments should be visible starting 2 hours before game time. I just checked, and I see the Pairs tourney scheduled for 2PM EDT, starting in 54 minutes.

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-15, 11:26

What would happen if someone entered this tournament with the intention of psyching a lot? It is so tempting.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-15, 11:30

View PostVampyr, on 2015-April-15, 11:26, said:

What would happen if someone entered this tournament with the intention of psyching a lot? It is so tempting.

Trolling can be fun, but that someone would probably be replaced and informed of the tourney rules.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-15, 11:33

View Postshirley73, on 2015-April-15, 10:53, said:

I contacted BBO on Sunday and have not heard from them. I went on the website for this tournament and registered and I thought the instructions were that they were listed on the BBO websites. There are pairs, robots, etc. I have times listed but when I go on to search starting about 30 minutes before the game is to start nothing is listed. I have gone on the Women's Festival website and it shows the games began usually a few minutes after the time shown on the paper b ut nothing was listed. This is listed on the little insert box on the BBO website and it is the first listing. Thanks for the help.

Hi Shirley,

Notice the time zones, maybe you're looking at the wrong hours? USA times are in EDT (New York hour). The times listed are the start hours, so you should come online some 10-20 minutes before to get to find the tourney, register, find a partner if it's pairs.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users