• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Annoyances

#1 User is offline   rfp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-April-13, 18:37

Are there solutions to any of these BBO annoyances:

1. I am _playing_ in a prearranged game (BBO IMPs) and get popup forms requesting to join another table.

2. A player briefly disconnects, so I click on "Table" to reserve his seat. Before I can enter the name and click "Apply" I get a bunch of requests to sit, each of which has to be rejected before I can continue typing.

3. I am the opening leader and start to click on my lead, then the suits shift position, sometimes before I realize it causing the wrong card to be chosen.

Richard Pavlicek
www.rpbridge.net

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-April-13, 18:52

For #1, you can put the people inviting you on your enemies list.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-13, 22:46

Are there solutions to any of these BBO annoyances:
1. I am _playing_ in a prearranged game (BBO IMPs) and get popup forms requesting to join another table.

Never mind,you can click "Refuse" from now on.

2. A player briefly disconnects, so I click on "Table" to reserve his seat. Before I can enter the name and click "Apply" I get a bunch of requests to sit, each of which has to be rejected before I can continue typing.

Never mind,please never mind.
You are a real famous expert player and BBO star.In china,your popularity is extremely high,and more than JEC if not at bbo.
Many many of chinese players who don't play bbo,maybe don't know how to login to BBO,but they know your name ,your bridge knowledgement,your system,your works and websit .
So I guess there are many many your fans at bbo in the world- wanna to play with/against you.Other star players also can have the same experience.
As bbo fans,we admire you.
You are free to give our chinese players copyright,we are grateful to you.

3. I am the opening leader and start to click on my lead, then the suits shift position, sometimes before I realize it causing the wrong card to be chosen.

This should be a complicated problem - it involves System response speed and Net Access Delay,etc.
So it needs to wait several second.

#4 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-14, 00:01

View Postrfp, on 2015-April-13, 18:37, said:

Richard Pavlicek
www.rpbridge.net

In Options, de-select Pictures of Cards.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-26, 21:27

If your handle is particularly well known and associated with a famous player, consider opening a second anonymous account and share that id with friends only. I am responding only to item 1 above.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users