Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abuse

#1 User is offline   euclidz 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-April-12, 08:12

It was raining outside and with the Acol Club empty I thought I'd watch the 'experts' playing in the 'Main' Club. The bidding went 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5. . of course it went off and the abuse commenced, in Turkish, albeit that one had a Spanish flag and it continued for the next 3 or 4 hands (I put it through an on-line translator (it was raining outside)) and it went along the lines of . ."you call yourself a teacher, I hope it's not Bridge you're teaching, IDIOT" Eventually one of the 'Experts' left the table and then a kibitzer with a British flag appeared hurling abuse in capitals (in broken English) at Expert 2. Expert 2 kept on through several new partners as the kibitzers repeated "BOOT BOOT 'name'" and other abuse over and over. I left for to get a cup of tea and the headache tablets!

I had wondered why people who don't play Acol played in the Acol room - I think I may have the answer!

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-April-12, 10:31

Welcome to the internet! ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-12, 10:49

Look at it this way:

You can also go to modern theater, but this you get for free, delivered at home!

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users