• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do GIBs dream of electric sheep?

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-06, 03:46

MP, instant, ver 32
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-06, 07:01

I don't know the reasons that the explanations of this cooperative double often is difficult to be explained clearly. It is very easy to explain incorrectly,here hand is a good example - obviously it is incorrect for double to say "12+hcp".

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-April-06, 07:36

So you think that the double would be reasonable if only the explanation were adjusted to match?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#4 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-06, 10:03

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-April-06, 07:36, said:

So you think that the double would be reasonable if only the explanation were adjusted to match?

Yes。
No man never make mistake for ever.
Nobody always have correct judgment.
This is just charm of the bridge game.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-April-06, 11:39

OK, I would not have posted the hand if I thought it borderline. Maybe I am mistaken on that.

As the contract makes an overtrick (on a finesse) it tends to suggest that maybe something was to blame beyond just bad luck, although that of course is not conclusive.

5D is two down if they find the Club ruff, otherwise one down. Either way, a good sac v 4H. If they find 5H over 5D then I would certainly chalk that up to bad luck. But first we have to get to 5D.

Possibly I should have bid 5D, but I thought that I had about what I had shown with the 3D bid, and if anything in context was more suited to defending than to declaring, and that conclusion is not affected by partner's double.

Whether partner should have bid 5D (or Pass) rather than final Double is worthy of examination. In favour of Pass, I would suggest that North has nothing further to report than what he has already expressed by bidding 4D. The description attached to the 4D bid is rather unhelpful in this regard.

#6 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2015-April-16, 16:10

Fixed in v34.

4 came after simulation, but anyway the problem of 4 X won't happen with insufficient points.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users