BBO Discussion Forums: Typing chat message changes focus to profile window - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Typing chat message changes focus to profile window

#1 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-05, 15:10

The following scenario takes place very often when someone logs in and I want to greet that person. Or someone chats to me and I want to answer. It is very annoying:

I click the person's name in the chat window (for example: "Mary: I just logged in to BBO". I click "Mary"). I start typing:

"Hi Mary, di"

.. and then the focus changes to the profile window, where I continue typing:
"d you have a good Christmas break?"

So if I now press enter she will only receive the last half of my greeting and the first half will still be in the chat window where I have to delete it after I have entered the full greeting in the profile window. Alternatively, if I have entered most of the text in the chat window at the time I notice this happening, I may just close the prifle window and complete the sentence in the chat window.

It is possible that this could be caused by me accidentaly touching the touchpad of my laptop with my palm but it feels like it is a "feature" of the web client, that when I click someone's name in the chat window it will immediately change the chat destination to that person but wait a few seconds before it pops up the profile window and sets focus to that window.

I mostly use firefox for ubuntu but I think firefox for OSX has the same issue.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-April-05, 15:37

Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem.

When I click on a name in the chat window, the focus goes to the chat line and stays there. The only time focus goes to the profile window is when I click on a name in the Who's Online panel.

I tried both Chrome and Firefox in OS X.

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-05, 15:44

Strange. I was about to suggest that it could be due to different flash versions but it seems to me that the decision to pop up the profile window must be taken in the application layer rather than the flash layer.

Edit: sorry I realize that for you the profile window does pop up, it just doesnt take focus. So maybe it is after all something that happens when my palm touches the touchpad.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users