BBO Discussion Forums: Question re Settings for BBO Forums...? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question re Settings for BBO Forums...?

#1 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-April-05, 01:56

On most forums, there is the option to receive one new posting email for each thread your following, and you don't receive another email for that thread until you have visited it on the forum.

At the moment on BBO Forums, I am receiving one email for every posting to every thread that I am following. This means that my email Inbox is crammed with BBO emails. :huh:

Please tell me where in Settings I can change this so that I only receive ONE email per followed thread between visits?

Thanks.

D.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-05, 03:45

If you click on your name near the top right of the screen, you should get a popup menu including "My Settings". Select this and you get to a page with a menu down the left hand side including "Notification Options".
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-April-05, 15:20

In particular, change the setting in the menu "If enabled, choose default notification type". Either "delayed notification" or "daily digest" will probably be closer to what you want.

#4 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-06, 02:56

Thanks.

Am going to try Delayed Notification.

Doesn't appear to be the option I'm looking for though - simply, one notification until you next visit the thread/discussion - which is standard on most forums.

I could be misunderstanding, of course. :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

D.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-06, 03:03

The forum software is a bit antiquated. InVision Powerboard has rather left BBO forum in its wake. Problem is that this version has been tweaked to customise it for bridge-specific content, which would then have to be rewritten.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-April-06, 09:15

View Post1eyedjack, on 2015-April-06, 03:03, said:

The forum software is a bit antiquated. InVision Powerboard has rather left BBO forum in its wake.

Not relevant. I just checked IPS's own customer forum, which I presume is running their latest version. It doesn't have the option the OP requested (unless they simply changed the way the "Notification when new content is posted" option works).

#7 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-06, 09:22

And yet, in (all! :angry: ) the emails I'm receiving for each thread I'm following there is the following text included by default:

"If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.
This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox."

So, yes, I AM receiving one email per reply to a topic, whether or not I visit the thread.

But, the above text doesn't tell you how "....only 1 email....per board visit for each subscribed topic." can be achieved.

Anyone have a definitive answer to this?

Thanks.

D.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-April-06, 09:29

It may be a bug that they never fixed. The current version doesn't even have the Immediate versus Delayed options. It only has Immediate, Daily, and Weekly options.

#9 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-06, 09:42

View Postbarmar, on 2015-April-06, 09:29, said:

It may be a bug that they never fixed. The current version doesn't even have the Immediate versus Delayed options. It only has Immediate, Daily, and Weekly options.

Precisely.

Very annoying.

D.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users