BBO Discussion Forums: instant tournament bots different? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

instant tournament bots different?

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-April-01, 06:37

I've seen several boards in instant tournaments in which my GIB bids something else than the other GIB's in the other 14 tables. Usually it goes against me but I guess I'm just selectively remembering these hands. The last one was:

http://www.bridgebas...7&username=gwnn

Gib had

x
Axx
KTxxx
AJxx

and bid:

(1C)-1D-(1S)-p
(1N)-2C-(p)-2H
(2S)-??

And here in three out of three hands in the tournament GIB passed but against me made an inexplicable double, promising "5+D,4+C,2+S, 16-17 HCP" which clearly doesn't fit his hand. We went down two and I got a bottom. I know how whiny this sounds and I know that 25 cents is a not a lot of money but could anyone explain what's going on with these bots in instant tournaments? Are they or are they not the same ones in the original tournaments? And how come gibs understand each other's doubles perfectly?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-April-01, 06:55

Oh right, now I found a thread where they confirm that the "extra" robot you get is a different version. Is there a reason why it decided to double me in 2S when his hand does not match the double? Doubles seem to be completely random with GIB.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users