BBO Discussion Forums: Check out Dup Bridge (iPhone app) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Check out Dup Bridge (iPhone app)

#1 User is offline   twiles 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-March-31, 08:30

This might belong in "Bridge Reviews" forum, I'm not sure...

Anyways, I built this app:

Dup Bridge

Here it is in the app store.

It deals and scores real-life duplicate bridge hands so you can play duplicate bridge with only four people, or duplicate a hand between two tables without having to see the cards.

Would love any and all feedback!

Best,
Ted

#2 User is offline   amundo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-September-13, 13:33

Hi Ted,

I think this app has great potential and I sincerely hope you will continue to improve it. Here are my questions and comments:

1) Why is the user allowed to select dealer and vulnerability? Usually, in duplicate bridge, this is determined before the game starts, and you play all combinations in 16 boards. It would be better is you could see the dealer and vulnerability information clearly in the display, so that you could place the phone in the center of the table.

2) In some cases, the hand results only show two other tables. Why not choose boards from tournaments with more participants? The matchpoints are not very meaningful when there are just two other tables to compare with.

3) It would be nice if you could provide some more information on what tournaments the boards come from, and perhaps even add at comment to each board with a brief analysis of optimal bidding and play.

Kind regards,
Amund

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users