BBO Discussion Forums: Is there any way to do this legally - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there any way to do this legally Illusory UI

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-March-31, 14:22

View Postbarmar, on 2015-March-31, 11:06, said:

The only place I ever saw it actually suggested as a real feature of the game was in the book "Bridge at the Enigma Club", but that was a fantasy.

It was suggested once when Eddie Kantar was going to make a grand slam try (the reason he didn't bid a small slam) and was ruled against when partner signed off slowly in 5.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-April-01, 07:45

View Postaguahombre, on 2015-March-30, 13:27, said:

It might not be. Partner can see what you are doing, and that might be illegal communication if you have ever done it before.

Yes. I have done it myself but it is probably not a good idea unless you are very sure p won't notice or can't read anything into it. Which may be hard to prove to the TD.

I have sometimes read about top players who did such things when playing with screens, but that is of course different.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users