BBO Discussion Forums: Would you pursue slam? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Would you pursue slam?

#21 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-May-01, 03:39

Althoug 4 means good support in suit (infact we have a 6 keycard Blw) and more possibility to find four honors in heart/diamond. Why not 4NT by E (5=3 keys-5NT=all keys, 6=K or singleton ..) ?

#22 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2015-May-04, 14:53

To the question if your hand is worth a slam, try picturing what you need from partner? Basically HA, DA and you make it on good breaks, add in red queens and you want to be 6, CA and 7 looks good. I think playing w.o many agreements I would just blast the slam opp 15-17, just checking aces, to see if the slam is not too silly.
If you want to go more scientific, Maybe a self-splinter works best here? Basically telling partner that you have short clubs - it should carry about the same meaning as bidding diamonds.
Lets say it goes - 1NT-2!D, 2!H-4!C Short clubs, want to play hearts for slam. Partners hand is pretty good now, only CK is wasted but basically now he can see a slam opp 3 aces, so should go on.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users