Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Partner wanted

#1 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-March-26, 00:15

I've decided to make this post like the personals. I've also added a bit of humour, like that. Enjoy, and please respond if you are interested!

Hi all. My name is Chase, and I am a bridge player in his mid 20s, located in the EDT timezone (USA). I enjoy math, science, soccer (football), hockey, and bridge, especially the systems and defense aspects. I can play Standard American, 2/1, Precision, and have a basic understandings of both Swedish and Polish Clubs. I am a non-smoker, a social drinker (though usually the DD), generally competitive but can tone it done, and an inquisitive partner who's always supportive and wanting to improve both the players and the partnership.

I am preferably looking for a fellow Precision player, but anyone willing to teach me Swedish/Polish Clubs are welcome, and I really don't mind 2/1 or Standard American, as long as the system is developed or it's just for fun. You likely have more MPs than me, so if that's a major determining factor, then move along. You probably wouldn't be willing to work in a cooperative partnership, and I likely am a better player than you and have more National titles than you anyways.

I am in college, and get on at varying times throughout the week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty open, Mondays and Wednesdays aren't too bad after 5 PM. Weekends are really bad, especially for the next 3 weeks.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#2 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-March-26, 18:39

Should be a snap call for anyone in the right demographic imo.

#3 User is offline   kiwinacol 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-April-02, 23:33

Hello Chase,

I live in a small rural town in New Zealand and your 5pm translates to 10am in our time zone. That suits me, especially as we approach winter here.

Bridge is fun for me but I am competitive in liking to win by playing well. My system history: a long time on Acol, about 30 years with Precision, with some asking bids mainly based on Reeces book and Wei and Radins text, 1C complete. For the last three years I've been learning/playing Oliver Clarkes Super Precision (very complex) , http://www.pigpen.or.../BBO/Intro.php. 2/1 has been my focus and interest in the last 3 months - limited time playing but heaps of time reading, learning and trailing new approaches with my Jack computer application. I enjoy the partnership work and harmony required for intelligent defence. I want to get better at 2/1; to learn more and to play well.

cheers, Ash.

kiwinacol

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users