T6
AQJ
KJ82
AQ93

AKQ83
A32
K872

The lead is a small club. PTP

Note: I don't think I have this perfect but it's a decent representation. If someone has the actual record, feel free to correct.

Thanks.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-March-20, 11:01

If clubs break, dummy reversal + squeeze.(Lovera)

#3 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-20, 11:27

Win the king, ace of hearts, ruff a heart, club to the ace, ruff a heart, diamond to the king, draw the last trump and then play on spades.

I need trumps 3-2, but once I survive that hurdle, I make if spades are no worse than 4-2 or if the queen of diamonds drops singleton or doubleton, or if East started 5332 with the Q (or other various shapes where East only has one of the JT).
Wayne Somerville

#4 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-20, 11:32

Seems unlikely small club was lead from jack fourth and cannot pick up JTxx on right so let's assume clubs break.

Win in hand, heart to ace, ruff heart, club to queen, ruff heart, diamond to king and pull trump pitching a diamond. Now top spades. If 4-2 we ruff a spade and hand is good. If 5-1, unblock DA to make if diamonds were Qx doubleton or Q with the five spades (he was squeezed on the 3rd trump).
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#5 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2015-March-20, 12:45

I agree with the general plan of winning in hand, and then embarking on ruffing 2 hearts. However, I do think that we need to be alive to the notion that LHO has 10xxx in clubs.

Let's say East plays the J on trick one.....we can't assume that clubs are 4-1 merely because of that, so we play heart to the A, ruff a heart, lead a club to the Q, and inspect RHO's card.

I confess that I likely would, at the table, have recognized the problem that now arises but would not have spent the requisite time to map out how I proposed to proceed from here, and haven't done so in posting, either, since I expect it to be a complex analysis and to require a degree of effort that I would prefer not to make until and unless necessary.

So: Phil....let us know if it is necessary, and, if not, I play as the others have outlined.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#6 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-20, 18:01

I am not sure we should commit ourselves to the dummy reversal. That seems to go off when East has the diamonds guarded and West the spade guard. I agree with drawing two rounds of trumps; I will have a rethink if they are 4-1, and may have no winning line, but assuming they are 3-2, cash two top spades and ruff a spade high. If all goes well, return to South with a trump and we have twelve tricks and now need to guess whether to take a ruffing heart finesse or the diamond finesse or even play a red suit squeeze on East.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#7 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-March-20, 18:07

Robinson played the reversal. Trumps broke, but spades were 5-1. However, the Q came down doubleton which provided the 13th trick.

At the time, the line I was considering is drawing trump. This fine when spades are 3-3, is a net loss when spades are 4-2, and provides additional chances when spades go 5-1. Overall its worse, and probably takes an extra 15 minutes to analyze, so its way worse from that regard.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users