BBO Discussion Forums: millions of points required for balancing - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

millions of points required for balancing

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-March-17, 13:53

I prudently checked twice what 4 would show on either the second or the third round of the auction and refrained from it because it apparently shows "19-22 total points." This was unfortunate because 4m makes and so does 3 so I got 7%.

The less meek souls did not check or ignored the warnings and GIB N obediently stayed at the 4-level. Did the Souths use the stop card or coughing signals?

This is a hand where South apparently thought he had a maximum even within the 19-22 range, but I am talking about North's very conservative simple preference given that he has the perfect Kxx Axx in the minors and apparently his partner has a near-2 opener.

This is one hand that shows that even balancing over 3 shows 19-22 TP:

So is the moral of the story that sometimes 19-22 means 19-22 and GIB will jump to slam and sometimes 19-22 means "19-22 but please don't hang me"?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-March-17, 19:04

Both human Souths and both robot Norths seem to all agree that the provided description is nonsense :)

I presume the internal logic is: we need 25+ total points to play at the 4 level and partner has only shown 6, so I must have 19+. I'm not endorsing that logic, just guessing what it is...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users