• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 NFL Thread

#21 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-April-05, 11:45

There are some rumors that the Chargers might trade Philip Rivers to the Titans in exchange for the 2nd overall pick. That would certainly rank among the craziest deals in NFL history.

http://profootballta...-run-at-rivers/
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#22 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-19, 16:52

Chip Kelly goes from crazy to absolutely nuts... after trading for Sam Bradford, he is now signing Tim Tebow.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#23 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-19, 17:22

View Postmgoetze, on 2015-April-19, 16:52, said:

Chip Kelly goes from crazy to absolutely nuts... after trading for Sam Bradford, he is now signing Tim Tebow.

Nah, I haven't seen contract details but I would guess $0 guaranteed so if he doesnt make the roster it is basically irrelevant. And if he does w/e it will be vet min.

I mean, let's put it this way, Belichick did the same thing (signed tebow with no guarantee), Tebow could be useful to a smart offensive coach potentially, he was a goal line package beast. I am not sure how one should use him but Kelly or BB trying to figure it out makes sense, he clearly had value, just not at throwing the ball lol.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#24 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-19, 23:29

View PostPhantomSac, on 2015-April-19, 17:22, said:

I mean, let's put it this way, Belichick did the same thing (signed tebow with no guarantee), Tebow could be useful to a smart offensive coach potentially, he was a goal line package beast. I am not sure how one should use him but Kelly or BB trying to figure it out makes sense, he clearly had value, just not at throwing the ball lol.

(only half5%-seriously):

For 2nd and goal from the 2:

Given that he's left handed, put in the single wing and use him as wingback. Buck lateral to him (directly from the fullback) to throw to the blocking back going through the line to the left side of the endzone. Though you'd need the tailback to block on his backside, and you might not want to risk your passer or your best runner for that job, and anyone else might be suspicious. Also you might not have a fullback who can accurately triple-option style flip the ball out as a lateral a half second after catching a direct snap, all while running forward. (That's why the traditional buck lateral plays usually involved a handoff from the fullback to the blocking back, but we need the blocking back to run a pass route here.)

#25 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-April-20, 07:24

I suspect that the Tebow thing is some kind of stunt. No way he is actually making the roster. Maybe they are "signing" him to their scouting department.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#26 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2015-April-20, 08:34

Why should you think it is a stunt?

Chip Kelly worked out Tebow and must have seen something that he likes. Tebow will be competing for the third QB spot. I can think of worse players to have as your third QB than Tim Tebow.

And I don't believe that there will be any fan outcry in Philadelphia for Tebow to play.

It costs the Eagles virtually nothing to do this. Why not see how it plays out? Was Bill Belichick crazy to have Tebow on the Patriots' training camp roster last year?

#27 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 05:56

Giving away 2 picks to move up just two spots to take a running back seems monumentally stupid.

Anyway, thanks to the Indianapolis Colts for taking a wide receiver (guess they're planning to play a lot of 4/5 WR packages?) instead of shoring up their run defense, allowing the Patriots to scoop up DT Malcolm Brown. Much appreciated.

Also wondering what the Lions are going to do with all those guards they picked up, they already had Larry Warford.

Otherwise the draft was pretty anticlimatic, all that hype about where the QBs would go and then it's just 1-2 with no trade.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#28 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2015-May-01, 08:50

View Postmgoetze, on 2015-May-01, 05:56, said:

Giving away 2 picks to move up just two spots to take a running back seems monumentally stupid.

Anyway, thanks to the Indianapolis Colts for taking a wide receiver (guess they're planning to play a lot of 4/5 WR packages?) instead of shoring up their run defense, allowing the Patriots to scoop up DT Malcolm Brown. Much appreciated.

Also wondering what the Lions are going to do with all those guards they picked up, they already had Larry Warford.

Otherwise the draft was pretty anticlimatic, all that hype about where the QBs would go and then it's just 1-2 with no trade.

At least the draft was pretty tame so far. There is nothing to prevent teams from making trades of players already drafted. However, now that the first round is over, they can't trade first round picks in this year's draft. They can trade the players who were drafted with those picks, however.

#29 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 14:32

View Postmgoetze, on 2015-May-01, 05:56, said:

Giving away 2 picks to move up just two spots to take a running back seems monumentally stupid.s

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL THIS.

LOL STL using pick #10 on a RB

LOL CHARGERS MORE trading up to take a running back at 15.

LOL running backs.

#30 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 18:05

lol jags. passed on leonard williams and then drafted trich 2.0. just completely clueless.
OK
bed

#31 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-01, 20:20

Stop me if you've heard this before... the Pats drafted a guy in the 2nd round that was expected to be a 4th rounder...
    -- Bertrand Russell

#32 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-02, 00:59

Feeling great about the Cowboys getting Gregory near the end of R2. LOL headcases and all that, but I'm in for the gamble for that amount of talent at a position we need sooooo badly. It worked out for us gambling on Dez so let's do this!

#33 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-02, 07:52

Here's Mariota's first challenge in the NFL:

https://instagram.com/p/2JK3m1LISP/
    -- Bertrand Russell

#34 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-02, 10:26

I don't know why but I just love Jaxson DeVille.

Posted Image
    -- Bertrand Russell

#35 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-10, 11:29

let us football
OK
bed

#36 User is online   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2015-September-10, 15:03

View PostPhantomSac, on 2015-May-01, 14:32, said:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL THIS.

LOL STL using pick #10 on a RB

LOL CHARGERS MORE trading up to take a running back at 15.

LOL running backs.

Most people outside the game do not understand the critical aspect of running backs is not how well they run the ball (unless Sayers, Brown, etc.) but how adept they are at picking up the blitz and protecting the quarterback - which is why Kelly signed DeMarco Murray, who is one of the best at that skill.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#37 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-10, 15:43

Do I want to watch the Patriots crush the Steelers live? Yes.

Do I want to stay awake until dawn? Not really.

Life is full of tough choices...
    -- Bertrand Russell

#38 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-10, 18:25

i am so excited
OK
bed

#39 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-10, 18:39

LT Nate Solder, LG Josh Kline, C David Andrews, RG Tre' Jackson, RT Sebastian Vollmer. Top backups tonight: T Marcus Cannon, G Shaq Mason.

I'm kinda scared lol
OK
bed

#40 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-September-10, 18:51

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz · 2m2 minutes ago

Yes, by all means, hand it to a fullback on second-and-28.
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users