BBO Discussion Forums: What does your jump reverse mean? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What does your jump reverse mean? Could it invite game?

#21 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-March-06, 07:50

View Posthelene_t, on 2015-March-06, 04:03, said:

I have come across a few pairs that play it as natural. With GF values and 6-5 you reverse and then reverse again (for example over partner's Ingberman signoff). The reverse jump shows less than that so p can pass with a 5215 6-count or such.

We actually play it as this sort of thing as we do with 1-1/2-3 which would show 5-5 2 good suits, not a great hand, AQ10xx/AKxxx and out type thing, 1-1/2-3 would be the 5-6 reds equivalent, technically NF but almost never passed over 2, more often passed over 1.

#22 User is offline   nekthen 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-March-06, 09:07

Agree with those who say it is a splinter.
I do not agree that North has more than 2. This may well be the limit of the hand.

It is South's bid of 4 that is the problem. 3 describes this hand. Spades are agreed so we are showing a good hand with a useful fragment.
The subsequent cue bidding should propel the pair into slam

#23 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-March-06, 12:46

For me S already should "see" if not slam almost five level than to bid (that is better S than N) 4NT 'cause its unbalanced hand and raise of partner that make hypothesis of plus honors in spade (infact we know that this is not in spade but diamond ..). After everything is more easy.

#24 User is offline   dave_beer 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-06, 14:10

View Postsilvr bull, on 2015-March-05, 04:38, said:

The stiff H in North is the key to considering a slam with only 24 HCP.

I disagree. The key to possible slam is being able to take at least 4 tricks in addition to 6 trumps in responder's hand plus 2 more without having 2 fast losers in the rounded suits.

Kxxx-x-AJxx-Axxx (or Kxxx-Axxx-AJxx-x)
Kxxx-x-AJxxx-Axx (or Kxxx-Axx-AJxxx-x)
Kxxx-Ax-AJxx-Axx (or Kxxx-Axx-AJxx-Ax)

The first two pairs of hands are clearly not worth 3 in K-S; the 3rd pair might upgrade because almost all of its HCP are in key cards.

Once are raised responder's reevaluates to an opening bid and, if he has a way to make a mild slam try that focuses on being able to take tricks, then maybe he should make one. I think that 3 does that. With any of the example hands opener can almost drive to slam.

Once we know about tricks we have to worry about trump solidity. If opener has KQ I don't think he can have 1st or 2nd round control of both rounded suits and we should be able to find that out; if he has QJ then it is probably a 4 or 6 hand on the finesse; if he has just the Q then we should stop in 4.

#25 User is offline   redbird97 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-06, 17:29

I play jump reverses show 6-5 minimums.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users