BBO Discussion Forums: What would your two-level openings be? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What would your two-level openings be? Baltic club + Multi 1NT

#21 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2015-March-07, 01:51

View PostKungsgeten, on 2015-March-05, 07:20, said:

My experiences of Lorenzo two's is not that great however, but they're exciting for sure :)

When we played Lorenzo two's in the Majors, we had a couple of bad results in the beginning. We think we found some patterns that turn out badly and adjusted our 2M openings slightly by not making them obligatory. We didn't open with 4333 or 4-3M.

The biggest successes were when responder was quite strong and opps didn't have the discipline to pass. When partner opened 2M and we held 18HCP we quickly passed. 4th seat had a big problem because he didn't know how the values were distributed. Sometimes he'd stretch after which his partner got into trouble: should he raise or not? Picking up someone for 1400+ happened quite often B-)
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#22 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-March-09, 12:03

One thing I played in an "8+ opening, strong club" system (which actually started as a joke, but we were quite comfortable with it eventually):

• 2 *bad* mini-Multi (but I agree with the above that Flannery/AntiFlannery as appropriate, much as I hate it, fits better into your structure)
  • 2 Both majors
  • 2 bad preempt in a minor (but you may already have 2NT for that).

2 could be "M+m, or 4M, longer m" or whatever you think you want to play
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users