BBO Discussion Forums: Well fitting hand with defense pt 2 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Well fitting hand with defense pt 2 play 4S

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-16, 17:15

Well, in my last thread, there was a pretty large majority for 4S. The hands have been rotated to make South declarer. In this new polarization, West leads the K on which East plays the Q. West now switches to the 2. Plan the play.

Int+ please hide answers.

edit: I may as well put this in for good measure. The opponents will definitely not have a singleton for their 1NT opening. Oh yeah, teams scoring before anyone starts asking why it's not simply 11 tricks.
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2015-February-16, 17:38

well, we can see from the bidding that West has most of the spades and East most of the hearts:)

a possible shape for west

making east

that's my guess anyway

We have a definite heart loser and a definite diamond loser. I think i will duck this trick maybe its stiff ace in east.

who knows interesting hand :)

Eagles
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#3 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-16, 18:41

Questions: What is the opponents' carding? Do they systemically open 1N on two doubletons?

Also, I won't ask this one, but I'll look at their convention card: What's their lead from AKx(xx)? And do they look sophisticated enough to know to agree to reverse this for AK doubleton?

#4 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-16, 18:50

View Postakwoo, on 2015-February-16, 18:41, said:

Questions: What is the opponents' carding? Do they systemically open 1N on two doubletons?

Also, I won't ask this one, but I'll look at their convention card: What's their lead from AKx(xx)? And do they look sophisticated enough to know to agree to reverse this for AK doubleton?

1N can be 2 doubletons if there are otherwise rebid problems. They lead A from AKxxx (and K from AK doubleton).
Wayne Somerville

#5 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-17, 00:02

Spoiler

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users