Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

System Surveillance?

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-February-10, 11:42

Does BBO monitor its systems to insure that they are operating within normal tolerances? Yesterday, in the space of 13 hands in ACBL robot individuals, I encountered 3 5-0 breaks and a 4-0 break. Today, the first 2 hands I played featured a 5-0 break and a 3-0 break. The next set included a 5-0 break.

I am not suggesting anything nefarious - who would benefit from tinkering? I am concerned, however, that low-percentage breaks may be occurring more often in BBO than in real bridge or that they are less randomly distributed in BBO than in real bridge. Either should be cause for concern.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-February-10, 15:29

We recently had the author of BigDeal, who is generally considered one of the best experts on dealing bridge hands, perform a statistical analysis of our hands. He determined that our distributions are as they should be.

#3 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:*dreaming*

Posted 2015-February-22, 15:22

There is even a test case in the dealer package that shows how close statistically hands are to real random hands.

Only problem is that humans don't understand random. True randomness generates sequence of events quite often that human matches as non-existing patterns.

Good reading about this is spotify random play list article at bbc. http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-31302312

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users