Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO skill

#1 User is offline   jpeak948 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-February-09, 18:44

Hi everyone! First of all, my english is not good so be patient.

Recently, someone have been me talked about BBO skill. I didnt know that. I play Bridge since october 2013 only but I consider with insurance that I am better than a lot of players who definite your skill to advanced and more. I made good scores last month (I think) exept last week who have been very hard. But I dont know whats is going on. My score went down dramaticly. Im not able to correct the situation. Is it a bad break? Was it my fault or my p were too weak? I dont believe I play so bad. In fact, im serious...in bridge club of my area I success very good. Only 15 months experience but very good understanding of bridge.

My question is...is it simply hasard? I cant believe it. Major time I made good calls. According BBO skill, my skill is intermediate ++ just near advanced (1600+) but Ive got better results comparativly to some advanced players I knew.

Who know BBO skill? Is it a good reference? My score is -0.01???? Thats impossible last month .55!

#2 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-09, 19:11

BBOskill no longer updates afaik
The artist formerly known as jlall

#3 User is offline   jpeak948 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-February-09, 19:36

Ok...sure?

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-10, 06:37

It has not updated for a long time (>6 months I believe) so your observation about grading going down is obviously false. BBO Skill has you with 2790 hands and an average of -0.01. Your current BBO hand records are for 898 hands at an average of +0.53 (plus 5 MP hands at 40.67%). Assuming you are playing against normal (non-expert) opps this would put you square in the intermediate realm, although BBO policy is that you should self-rate based on tournament (ie mostly live play) results.

It is true that there are plenty of weaker players that self-rate higher than their real skill level. So what? Do you want to be another?

A "good understanding of bridge" is relative. Compared to Mrs Guggenheim I probably rate to have such an understanding. On the other hand, in comparison with PhantomSac you might call me a complete novice. In other words, you might find in a few years time that the understanding you have now is not so complete as you think it is...
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users