Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO version

#1 User is offline   vesee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-February-09, 06:31

What is the latest version for Windows client ?

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-09, 07:12

Hi vesee and welcome to the forums.

Version 5.2.21 is the latest.

It was last updated several years ago.

Do not expect it to be updated again (unless something critical happened that resulted in it being completely broken), as the management is committed to migrating away from this method.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   ladydoc 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-February-10, 17:11

Why did the management decide not to update and depart from using this version? It is evident that most that have access to both versions like the bridgebase.org much better.
I have difficulties seeing the web based version myself, and I have a friend that still cannot use it at all.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-February-11, 11:05

View Postladydoc, on 2015-February-10, 17:11, said:

Why did the management decide not to update and depart from using this version?

Because maintaining two versions requires more programming resources than one version. The old version had many fundamental design problems, and it only works on Windows. The new version is designed more efficiently, and works on all common types of personal computers.

And now we have the mobile version to deal with, too.

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-February-11, 11:45

I have difficulties seeing the web based version myself, and I have a friend that still cannot use it at all.

I had problems too with the visibility until they gave more options. You can change the setup in the web based version that cards are shown bigger and same for chat.

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-February-11, 11:49

Just curious, but do you (or your friend) use the "lifelike" pictures of cards when you try to view the web based version, or do you use the "diagram mode"? For many I think that this is the source of their woes. But yours may be different.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#7 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2015-February-12, 17:58

My biggest issue, and has been "forever", is that sound is a binary option. Many of the sounds are really really annoying and get so within a minute. Some, however, are really really useful, and I wouldn't mind having them...if I didn't have to have the MIT cardwash torture along with it.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#8 User is offline   ladydoc 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-February-12, 23:01

The problem is that the cards and the bidding are out of proportion. When I make it all bigger to see the bidding, the cards become really big. This is a windows xp 2002 that I use.
I also tried in the web based version playing with robots, but ads float across the top and the cards and bidding are really microscopic and not in color.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users