• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8-card Club hand evaluation

#21 User is offline   killer_ 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-April-15, 23:21

I think the South bidding is ok. This is probably more of partnership agreement issue i.e. how strong a hand is needed to bid 4c rather than 5c direct.

North passing 5C is pretty weak. With AAAK he should be more than happy to put down his hand as dummy in slam.

Even if there is a club loser, it will probably be the only one.

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-April-16, 09:50

Perhaps 4NT bidding could be seen how a "thin thinking" but save all what is said untill 4 (with optimal result as "last train for bidding"). The concept of bidding is don't last any possibility (here 4NT) in critical situations (that doesn't do damn yet if slam is not=5).

#23 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2015-April-18, 16:14

I can't see what the absence of minorwood has got to do with anything. The problem is not the inability to ask for aces, it is that North had a hand that should have been looking for a grand, and passed 5C.

(I just gave the North hand to Jallerton and over 5C he said 'well I'm not going to pass am I' followed by bidding 5H and passing 6C)

#24 User is offline   Richardrls 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-April-22, 20:17

This deal obviously sucks as to fit. As is the case with most very strong hands with suck fit, the bidding is always going to difficult and iffy, no matter what bidding system or conventions or agreements are in effect. I frankly would not have bid four hearts in this bidding sequence, simply choosing to bid five clubs, instead, and crossing my fingers to find a decent club split among the defenders. Hope this helps.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users