BBO Discussion Forums: How to get run over by a mack truck - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get run over by a mack truck Why are we answering these posts anyway?

#1 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-04, 08:41

Double finesse, simple squeeze, reverse, 4th suit forcing to game, double squeeze
rectifying the count for squeeze, compound squeeze, making plays in the proper order.

A short list of topics that most beginners and many intermediates would be hard pressed
to make an intelligent decision about WHERE to post for more information. Is a guard
squeeze in the realm of the advanced or expert? I seriously doubt anyone is posting on
the forums in order to tick off the players they are asking for advice. If a post is
obviously not expert it is most likely because the poster is unaware of just where to
post their question.

We are a group of players that do not mind spending some spare time giving back to a game
we have played and enjoyed (in my case for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time).
Everyone has to start somewhere and it is not easy to recall just how little we individually
knew about this fine game when we first started.

IMHO the forum would be a much more user friendly place if we would just ignore the posts that
do not interest us and inform others of our opinion (hopefully with reasoning) only on those topics
we find interesting (even if not challenging). There is no way to offer opinion about almost any
subject without risking offending someone else with a different opinion, that's life. What makes
good partnerships is two players that closely agree with what the other is choosing to do. NOTE
that this does not necessarily mean winning an event but enjoying the experience.

I have commented on some of the tiniest of differences I have with other posters that has caused
me to choose a different course of action (things like switching the position of a Q for example). This
does not mean I think their opinion is horrid but I may feel they did not give sufficient weight to
what I thought was an important point. There is also the possibility (umm probability) they felt I was
picking nits and ignored my opinion. So be it I did what I could and it is up to each reader to glean
as much information as they can from our disparate group of posters and hopefully learn.

My strongest objections to various choices are usually ratings below 3 on a 1-10 scale and an occasional
"dereliction of duty" accusation. Too strong?? possibly, but there needs to be some way of adding emphasis
to what appears to be a choice of series of choices that appear to be headed in the wrong direction. I for one
have no intention of starting each post with something like "Please forgive this humble servant in advance for
any phrase of utterance that somehow manages to offend. It is merely my lack of personal knowledge of how best
to convey the information I wish to convey not a lack of good intentions" bah takes longer to apologize then
tell people what I think.

If you have an idea on how to handle specific situations do not hijack the current problem start your own
and offer up your solution so it can be handled there. Always try to answer each question within the context
in which it was offered without denigrating the "conditions" too much (you can always abstain).

OK that's my opinion on this subject so everyone come at me with all the vitriol at your command because I can take
it (unlike many newer players who may be scared away for these forums (or far worse bridge itself) when treated poorly).

#2 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-06, 09:39

120 views and NOT ONE REPLY???????????????? Come on speak up for your rights to trash others. This is
the right place to do it because your harsh opinions have been SOLICITED. If my little diatribe has
started a new and conceivably friendlier (even politically correct) environment YAY! Keep up the good work.

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-06, 19:38

gszes the fact is, your way to write inserting INTRO (End of Line character) after few words for no reason, changing the normal lie out of text is very tiresome for me to read, so I hardly ever read anything you write that is longer than 3 lines.

#4 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2015-February-07, 00:18

Views ≠ reads
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users