BBO Discussion Forums: I suggest you close down the expert forum - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I suggest you close down the expert forum

#61 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-05, 05:47

View Postfred, on 2015-February-04, 19:18, said:

I don't recall ever posting (or thinking) that, but I will take your word for it.

I believe it is a reference to this post, Fred. I suspect you were not actually referring to Fluffy here although he was active in the thread. Hrothgar also took it as a reference to him further on. This is a common issue with such nebulous attacks and something I take on board too on occasion (I had a discussion with Mike recently in similar circumstances, for example, when I was unsure if he was including me in a (negative) grouping of posters). The internet just makes it very difficult to make such comments without offending people, usually much more widely than originally intended.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#62 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-05, 06:00

View Postfred, on 2015-February-04, 19:18, said:

I don't recall ever posting (or thinking) that, but I will take your word for it.

It was a rather stupid and rude thing for me to say. I apologize.

Thanks, it was about 10 years ago so... I remember everybody else was flattering you (licking your butt is the spannish term) so perhaps I was teassing you a bit just to compensate :)

#63 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-05, 06:04

Cool problems, Fluffy, though your site probably won't support the recommended solution (lead the J and glare meaningfully at partner while thinking "don't you dare ruff")

#64 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-05, 06:33

View PostFluffy, on 2015-February-05, 05:45, said:

So this is an expert problem?

You have:

-
AKJ973
A654
A53

All vul, MPs, your partner can hardly follow suit, and might take a 2 opening as weak 2.

pass-pass-??

Lets say you decide to be practical and open 4

pass-pass-4-pass
4NT-pass-

What now? (you play 4 aces blackwood if you think he is asking for keycards)

I get a lot o expert problems when partner can't recall which cards are high and which ones are not. They are really difficult, and I often get them wrong. The key to them is that you need to force partner to play his winners before he can discard them. Sometimes it is kinda frustrating because there is no real answer:

On lead against 4 after you won 2 tricks already you need to find a way to cash 2 more. The problem is you can't, if you lead a spade partner mightl finesse into declarer's queen. But if you try to endplay declarer by leading J he might forget it is high and ruff it with the master trump. What is more likely?

Are these Expert problems?

I never said or claimed that all problems you get with a weak partner are suitable for the expert forum.
In fact most will not be.

First try to understand what I said.
Then respond

Rainer Herrmann

#65 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-February-05, 06:52

View PostFluffy, on 2015-February-05, 05:45, said:

Are these Expert problems?

I think they're professional problems but not expert problems. Like Diana, I find them quite entertaining, though I confess it's mostly schadenfreude.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users