BBO Discussion Forums: Full Disclosure Convention Cards - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Full Disclosure Convention Cards Full Disclosure Convention Cards in Web Version

#1 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2015-January-24, 17:13

My regular partner and I play a system (2/1 with weak NT, Moscow Escapes, et. al.) that requires a lot of alerts. I created a FD convention card defining only those bids that are alertable. This saves us time and untold keystrokes. The down side is the FD card can only be created and edited it the Win version and to make changes/corrections requires hopping back and forth between versions. The options for displaying alerts can only be set in the Win version. And, if I am on the web version and partner is on the Win version or an android device the alerts are not always made as they should be.

I would like to see an editor to create and edit an FD convention card in the Webb version and have the alerts and explanations displayed no matter who is using what device. I realize this may be difficult for android devices but they should be consistent if one partner is on the Web and the other on the Win version. The alternative is to alert and only explain when asked but that still requires a lot of typing and a break in concentration.

Another possible solution is to provide and require the use of speech so that alerts are made the same as F2F and not self-alerts. Again I know this might lead to verbal abuse, another catch 22.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users