BBO Discussion Forums: FDCC in Tourneys/team matches - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FDCC in Tourneys/team matches

Poll: FDCC in Tourneys/team matches (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you allow FDCC to be used in your Tourney?

1. never (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. sometimes, depends on the tourney.. (explain, please) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. always (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-22, 12:57

Second part of this.. how do you justify your decision to the players who don't agree with your choice?

#2 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-22, 15:51

It's the internet - if people want to look up what their system bids mean, they can do it anyway, so rather than try and pee into a gale, it is better for everyone to know what the bids mean.

I might use different words, but the point is, the rules of live bridge are inappropriate for the on-line game unless they can be enforced. Outright cheating can be spotted in a lot of ways, but players knowing their system with artificial help (and as well as having their notes to hand they can just have FD open on their computer) cannot.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-22, 16:12

The only reason to disallow FDCCs is a known bug where users on various devices or versions of BBO cannot see the explanations, which leads to frustrations and bitter feelings on both sides. Otherwise, I'd much rather see everyone use a full disclosure CC than have them alert everything as "natural" or some other ambiguous thing that makes no sense.

#4 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-26, 19:21

well, I wanted to get some feedback as I had a player the other day object violently to them, saying that they reminded players of their agreements and were therefore an illegal memory aid. It all seemed like clutching at straws to me, so wanted to know if I was out of sync for allowing them. They certainly save time when one pair is playing a system unfamiliar to the other pair such as precision. Good to know I'm not in error (or alone!) here. Thanks

#5 User is offline   Oof Arted 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-March-17, 04:46

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-22, 16:12, said:

The only reason to disallow FDCCs is a known bug where users on various devices or versions of BBO cannot see the explanations, which leads to frustrations and bitter feelings on both sides. Otherwise, I'd much rather see everyone use a full disclosure CC than have them alert everything as "natural" or some other ambiguous thing that makes no sense.

Diana

Is this not just a fault with the System that does not put FDCC bids on view under different Versions.

And if as I suspect it is, then surely the Versions SHOULD be altered so they are

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users