Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Search-engine for Hands Search for hands with specified features

#1 User is offline   praba 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-21, 11:47

It will be nice to be able to find some specific hand using some key feature of the hand such as H K109, D Axxx, in 4S, from VuGraph archives, etc. Or, 4S, Dbl 4 down vul, by opponents, from the hands I had played over a specified time period.

Sometimes, you want to recollect a full hand for some discussions with your partner, but you cannot reconstruct the whole. For example, after a disaster, you prefer not to discuss the hand until much later. Then forget the full details, and want to pull up the exact hand from the features you remember.

A kind of a Google for Hands with specific features, using the rich database of hands played by everybody. Potentially, the database of hands, together with the search-engine, can be used for data-mining for a variety of uses.

#2 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2015-January-21, 14:42

Double Dummy Solver is a shareware program you can use to sort BBO hands in numerous ways using filters.

http://www.bridge-ca...downloadDD.html

You can download your own boards or boards for any BBO name.

Among the search filters are: partner, who opened, opening bid, final contract, and many others. Using these criteria you can find most any type of hand you wish. My partner and I play weak 1NT (12-14) and I use DD Solver to track our performance on hands we open 1NT as well as our overall performance.

You may also get a summary that tells you things like percentage of slams missed, % of game missed, missed doubles, etc.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users