Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Find people marked as "Friends"

#1 User is offline   Jag igen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-16, 18:57

The new version of BBO doesn't allow me to se people marked as "Friend" even if I click on "Play or watch bridge" - "List all tables" - "Main club" - "Friends". There i se the persons i "follow" but not my friends even if the tab says "Friends".
Mark my Friends in blue like it was before! Please.
Thank you!

#2 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-16, 19:42

Welcome to the forums. I think you might be confused as to why this is happening. Everyone in that list, including those in the "following" section, you have added to your friends list. However, those on your following list haven't added you.

edit: Sorry, misunderstood what you meant, I really couldn't comment on the main tables list, but maybe compare with the friend's list on the right?
Wayne Somerville

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-17, 15:59

We haven't changed anything other than the way friends are listed in the "Who's Online" list. In the list of tables, "Friends" actually means "Following", because that's what "Friends" used to mean before the latest change; it doesn't distinguish between people you're following and those who are also following you back.

#4 User is offline   sblitz 

• Pip

Posted 2015-February-18, 11:08

View Postbarmar, on 2015-January-17, 15:59, said:

We haven't changed anything other than the way friends are listed in the "Who's Online" list. In the list of tables, "Friends" actually means "Following", because that's what "Friends" used to mean before the latest change; it doesn't distinguish between people you're following and those who are also following you back.

If I click on the "Friends" tab under "Who's Online," I see a number of people who I have in my "Friends" list, but some of them are listed under "FRIENDS" and others are listed under "FOLLOWING." If the distinction is not between "people you're following and those who are also following you back," what is the distinction between these two lists? Thanks, in advance, for your clarification.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-February-18, 11:16

View Postsblitz, on 2015-February-18, 11:08, said:

If I click on the "Friends" tab under "Who's Online," I see a number of people who I have in my "Friends" list, but some of them are listed under "FRIENDS" and others are listed under "FOLLOWING." If the distinction is not between "people you're following and those who are also following you back," what is the distinction between these two lists? Thanks, in advance, for your clarification.

That's what the distinction is between those two lists. I said we didn't change anything other than the "Who's Online" tab.

E.g. if you filter tables to those with friends, it uses the old definition, which is anyone you're following.

#6 User is offline   knave1 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-March-09, 09:51

View PostJag igen, on 2015-January-16, 18:57, said:

The new version of BBO doesn't allow me to se people marked as "Friend" even if I click on "Play or watch bridge" - "List all tables" - "Main club" - "Friends". There i se the persons i "follow" but not my friends even if the tab says "Friends".
Mark my Friends in blue like it was before! Please.
Thank you!

I would like to see BBO change the window called "manage those I follow and those I ignore".... when I click on the menu option to manage these, I get a window with the left side of the window showing only 6 of my friends and no tab to scroll down. The left side shows 2000 enemies and allows me to scroll. I have over 1000 friends, but can't "manage" them without the scroll tab. Please build in the left side to duplicate the right side of the window, so Friends can be "managed" as effectively as "ignore".

knave1

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2015-March-09, 10:08

There's supposed to be a scroll bar on both lists. I have them both, and AFAIK we haven't received any other complaints that the Friends column is missing the scroll bar.

BTW, you only follow about 350 players, not over 1000.

Can you make a screen shot and send it to support@bridgebase.com?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users