• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After 1N-2C-2S

#1 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:07

12 board ACBL MP's.
GIB did this at the other tables as well.

Link

I didn't know it goes to 4S with 3spades and 8hcp.

What do you all think?

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:26

I guess it's defensible, perhaps its simulations show spades fares better than NT on average, and that 10 tricks are likely enough to warrant bidding game.

The definition of 4S at least is reasonable; in general GIB is allowed to lie by one card on it's bids if it thinks it will work out best. Though certainly there are plenty of other hands where it insists on 4-3 fit when I think there are better alternatives, way more questionable than this one.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:53

I don't know if it makes the bid "good", but you were on course for 11 tricks after that opening lead, but only 9 or 10 in 3N.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users