BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players - BBO Discussion Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players Version 1.48j is here!

#121 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-21, 15:34

View Posteleanorsf, on 2015-January-20, 13:04, said:

A couple points, and apologies if they have been addressed already.

1. Please add a link on the Home page to this topic so that more people can participate in the discussion. I'm sure you have stats on what percentage of BBOers post or follow Forum topics. The vast majority of my personal friends, and even my BBO Friends, don't know this is the place to be heard, or for that matter, that BBO Forums even exists.

The BBO Today announcement of the changes contained a link to the forum thread.

http://webutil.bridg...tch.php?id=2469

#122 User is offline   eleanorsf 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-21, 18:41

View Postbarmar, on 2015-January-21, 15:34, said:

That link is not there now, and was only there a few days. As long as these changes are under active discussion, the link should be maintained. And there should be a clear statement that the BBO Forum topic is where this change is being discussed.

Also, the latest bug fix release did not address the issue of readability for people in BRB mode on the Following List.

#123 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-21, 22:05

View Postbarmar, on 2015-January-21, 15:34, said:

Barmar,aiming at the Friends/Following system,would you like to do a poll at the BBF?

#124 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-January-23, 05:02

Several days ago,I discussed with my club members on the Friends/Following system,many of the club members don't like it,but a lady who often create team matches said to us:
"I like this system very much."
I said:"Why?"
She reply:"If I can find some people in my following list,I delete them at once since they are not my real friends!"

For this reason, some people began to distance herself from the relationship, also not playing the bridge together, even don't talk to each other.
Who can tell me this is good or bad?
Please allow me to say it again that the BBO's responsibility is to promote BBOers's friendship,not to reveal personal informations/ individual privacy.

#125 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2015-January-23, 19:00

View Postlycier, on 2015-January-23, 05:02, said:

Several days ago,I discussed with my club members on the Friends/Following system,many of the club members don't like it,but a lady who often create team matches said to us:
She reply:"If I can find some people in my following list,I delete them at once since they are not my real friends!"

For this reason, some people began to distance herself from the relationship, also not playing the bridge together, even don't talk to each other.
Please allow me to say it again that the BBO's responsibility is to promote BBOers's friendship,not to reveal personal informations/ individual privacy.

Which is what i am doing. i will only follow a couple fellas with stars.

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#126 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2015-January-23, 19:00

View Postbabalu1997, on 2015-January-23, 19:00, said:

Which is what i am doing. i will only follow a couple fellas with stars.

And, my sound on the web browser has been gone, ever since the list changed.

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#127 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-23, 19:10

View Postbabalu1997, on 2015-January-23, 19:00, said:

And, my sound on the web browser has been gone, ever since the list changed.

What do you mean? Sound settings not kept, or no sound at all?

There was a bug with sound settings not remembered, but it was fixed. Clear browser's cache to pick the latest version.

#128 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-23, 19:31

It's OK for people to choose to follow other players. Why is it a break of *your* privacy when you click a button that notifies you whether those players log on BBO, and allows you to see at any time what they are doing on BBO? Isn't that more like a matter of *their* privacy? Yes, there is now a way for those players to tell whether you are following them or not, if they decide to friend you back, but I have troubles understanding in what way that breaks your privacy. You can no longer follow them without their knowledge?

The only issue I see here is that players you thought had mutual friendship feelings may turn out to not have befriended you back. But why take that so personally? There are lots of reasons why they haven't friended you - maybe they just never friend anyone, or they keep their friends list for people they play same system with, or they recently cleaned up and noticed you haven't been around, or they simply forgot to friend you... If it's really that important to you just ask them. Why does it have to be such a big deal whether they clicked a button or not.

For example I have unfriended a number of people whom I do consider friends because they had a really bad connection and their numerous log ins were spamming my screen. Some random example, but just to show it doesn't have to be personal.

As for BBO's responsibility, we made a mistake in the News release by not stating clearly why the change was made and where all this is going. There was actually a News item explaining the upcoming changes, but we should have reiterated what's going on, in case people missed the previous announcement. This is a first step towards further upgrades that will allow friends to do and share more things among themselves, without mixing in Garozzo, Zia, and players you're following just because you like to watch them.

#129 User is offline   bridgegoth 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-23, 20:12

I don't care who adds/doesn't add me as friend, I just don't want to explain to random people or mild acquaintances why they aren't on my list, when in my opinion this information isn't something they should have access to in the first place.

#130 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-January-23, 21:06

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-23, 19:31, said:

It's OK for people to choose to follow other players. Why is it a break of *your* privacy when you click a button that notifies you whether those players log on BBO, and allows you to see at any time what they are doing on BBO? Isn't that more like a matter of *their* privacy? Yes, there is now a way for those players to tell whether you are following them or not, if they decide to friend you back, but I have troubles understanding in what way that breaks your privacy. You can no longer follow them without their knowledge?

The only issue I see here is that players you thought had mutual friendship feelings may turn out to not have befriended you back. But why take that so personally? There are lots of reasons why they haven't friended you - maybe they just never friend anyone, or they keep their friends list for people they play same system with, or they recently cleaned up and noticed you haven't been around, or they simply forgot to friend you... If it's really that important to you just ask them. Why does it have to be such a big deal whether they clicked a button or not.

For example I have unfriended a number of people whom I do consider friends because they had a really bad connection and their numerous log ins were spamming my screen. Some random example, but just to show it doesn't have to be personal.

As for BBO's responsibility, we made a mistake in the News release by not stating clearly why the change was made and where all this is going. There was actually a News item explaining the upcoming changes, but we should have reiterated what's going on, in case people missed the previous announcement. This is a first step towards further upgrades that will allow friends to do and share more things among themselves, without mixing in Garozzo, Zia, and players you're following just because you like to watch them.

It looks like the irony joke.Argue irrationally!
In fact, what's the Friends? what is the Following?
You are in my friend list , and I am also in your friend list, both of us are friends.
You are in my friend list , and I am not at your friend list, you are a my Following,only.
When we are not same nation, not same league,not same group and not same club, the Following may be good.
While we are same nation, same alliance, same group and same club,the Following is evil- it only bring some unfriendly manner to us.

According to my investigation,its evil result are:
1-The Following have showed you are not my real friend since I have added you into my friend list and you don't if we know each other! So it is unnecessary for us to keep contract from now on.
If you think this is not a disaster,would you tell me what this is?

2-

This is a true fact, a true story just happened ,not true lies.
If you think this is not a disaster,would you tell me what this is?

3-Beg your pardon,may I ask you a question?
Do you investigate it in your league or club?

Don't be angry with me,I can say sorry to you in advance if you think I offended you.

Now I have to say that the Following system have damaged the BBOers's friendship.

#131 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-January-23, 22:38

My suggestions on the Friends/Following/Ignore system

I think the original options are good,only exist a detail problem--- "Enemy" of defination may be catachresis.

I suggest BBO can use 4 options.
1-Friend
2-Neutral
3-Following
4-Igore

Now everything is wonderful,aren't you? what else?

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users