BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players - BBO Discussion Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players Version 1.48j is here!

#41 User is offline   challer 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 14:53

[quote name='diana_eva' timestamp='1421168928' post='829431']
Hi.

There are two types of IT now. The 8-board, 25 cents like before, and a new type which costs $1, is 12 boards long and awards ACBL Masterpoints, in addition to BBO Points. You probably played an ACBL IT and didn't realize the cheaper version was still there.
[/qu

Does the cheaper, shorter version still award ACBL points?

#42 User is offline   schamesrot 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 14:54

I'm the opinion that nobody have to know, whether i marked him as friend or otherwise i removed somebody of my friendslist.
Espacially the removement of persons from my friendslist should never be visible for the other persons. Is do not agree with such a violation of my privacy.
Some days ago a player asked me, if he could add me to his friendlist. Today i can see, he has removed me. I don't want to know this, and i think he also doesnt want this.
This change never can boost a friendly atmosphere between the players!

#43 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-13, 14:56

View Postchaller, on 2015-January-13, 14:53, said:

Does the cheaper, shorter version still award ACBL points?

The cheaper version never awarded ACBL points. It awards BBO points. Only tournaments with ACBL in the title award ACBL points.

#44 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 15:28

I am just facing a new bug. When listing my friends (and followers) sorted on categories one that I follow is shown 3 times in his category.

#45 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:18

Since the implementation of the Follow/Friends etc. I am no longer able to set Sound OFF and have it saved for future sessions.

#46 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:21

View Postscarletv, on 2015-January-13, 15:28, said:

I am just facing a new bug. When listing my friends (and followers) sorted on categories one that I follow is shown 3 times in his category.

What browser and operating system are you on? Also, try clearing cache and then check again. We released a couple of silent upgrades to fix some of the bugs reported previously.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it. Yes, it's a bug, thanks for reporting.

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2015-January-13, 16:33

#47 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:22

View PostWayne_LV, on 2015-January-13, 16:18, said:

Since the implementation of the Follow/Friends etc. I am no longer able to set Sound OFF and have it saved for future sessions.

Yes, thanks for the bug report. This is confirmed, it used to be one of the settings "remembered". We'll fix soon.

#48 User is offline   doktrin 

• Pip
  • Interests:bridge
    chess
    clarinet
    soccer
    dogs
    music
    championship manager
    biking & trekking

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:31

I agree, it's a privacy issue and should be removed... Thanks

View Postbridgegoth, on 2015-January-12, 19:01, said:

Agree 1000%.

I do not in ANY way want people to know who I do and don't have marked as friend. That is a major privacy issue and will cause nothing but hurt feelings and drama.

#49 User is offline   doktrin 

• Pip
  • Interests:bridge
    chess
    clarinet
    soccer
    dogs
    music
    championship manager
    biking & trekking

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:34

I totally agree with Olarim. Should be removed as soon as possible i guess... Discussion brings perfection...Salut!

View Postolarim, on 2015-January-13, 12:08, said:

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone here. The new feature of knowing if you're on someone's friendlist or not is, literally said, ridiculous. As BridgeGoth said above, it's a major privacy thing. Please explain, what are the benefits of this feature - if there are any? I just find this unacceptable. Please, quickly consider a removal of this feature before more people get hurt or interrogated by their closest because they found out they are on their friendlist or not.

//Ola Rimstedt

#50 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:40

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-13, 16:21, said:

What browser and operating system are you on? Also, try clearing cache and then check again. We released a couple of silent upgrades to fix some of the bugs reported previously.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it. Yes, it's a bug, thanks for reporting.

IE 11 Windows 7
The problem did not happen again until now.

#51 User is offline   Trump Echo 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 16:46

When looking at "Hand and Results" / "Recent Hands" the current hand does not stay "lit" on the left side, causing you to lose your place on the list. This is new as of today. If I click it twice it seems better. But I prefer the way it was (yesterday).

Thanks

#52 User is offline   Shilo_1 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 18:02

Simply stated: Bridge is a social game. We sign into BBO to compete, flex our minds, and enjoy the wonderful people gathered here on any given day. I do believe this new was of "friends" verses followers verses ignore will not enhance this site or game for most of us. Sorry to see this change.

#53 User is offline   Khrystyna 

• PipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 18:32

My 2 cents- I am wondering what/who initiated this change to the Friends list? Was there a user survey taken? I used the list for marking players I enjoyed games with, "not bonded" friends. Now I had to get rid of this list as I will not "follow" anyone. That is creepy. What does it mean anyway- where am I following them to? Previously, if they signed on and I invited to play well and good, if they declined, tant pis. I am not interested in a slew of "bonded" friends. The system worked fine for both uses.

While on my soap box, another suggestion: get rid of the star "compatibility" system. There are many obnoxious players with lots of stars.
Further it messes up the registration desk- return to a plain alphabetical listing, with or w/o stars.

The Keep it Simple Management style works best.

#54 User is offline   wynsten 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 18:38

The "sound" option continues to re-assert itself across logoff-login while other options (like "pictures of cards") retain their most recent setting.

I have just one real "friend" in my "friends" list (someone I frequently partner with); the others are all "stars" that I follow. This would be true whether they had friended me back or not! And I know which are which, so this new feechur, which seems to offend many, is for me - at best - useless.

#55 User is offline   wynsten 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 19:11

View PostKhrystyna, on 2015-January-13, 18:32, said:

While on my soap box, another suggestion: get rid of the star "compatibility" system. There are many obnoxious players with lots of stars.
Further it messes up the registration desk- return to a plain alphabetical listing, with or w/o stars.

Yeah - that feature is pretty useless too - since we have no idea on what it is based. Give me access to the raw data and let me decide for myself how "compatible" it makes us.

#56 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 20:56

View PostWayne_LV, on 2015-January-13, 12:02, said:

I like to have sound OFF and had it set that way in Options before the latest changes. Since the changes were implemented every time I log back in sound is turned back ON. Evidently the setting for sound on/off is not being saved properly.

Logoff after changing your settings. That has been mentioned several times and in many threads. Don't just click the X or close. Once you have saved your settings, then you can just close the window afterwards.

#57 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-14, 03:44

View PostBbradley62, on 2015-January-13, 12:34, said:

Personally, I'd like the option to not have my friends/follows split into two lists. (I honestly don't care whether others can see whether or not I've marked them as friends.) I'd like to return to the format of having one alphabetical list of all the people who are online who I have marked.

This.
Now we have to go through two lists to find a table to kib or (sometimes) play.

The whole concept of knowing who also has you friended can be problematic, too, as others have pointed out.
I, for one, have penciled down a few names now of people who I shall have to find at the next NABC and have a stern talking to...

If BBO chooses to keep the friends/followers split, I suggest also a list of "stalkers" who are people that we have marked to ignore/enemy and who have decided to follow us.

This way BBO will furnish us with the information necessary to retaliate against the ingrates who refuse to friend us and to protect ourselves against the stalkers with restraining orders....

#58 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-14, 03:53

If someone's going to pout and pule because I didn't follow them back, why should I care what they think?
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#59 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-14, 06:35

View PostFM75, on 2015-January-13, 20:56, said:

Logoff after changing your settings. That has been mentioned several times and in many threads. Don't just click the X or close. Once you have saved your settings, then you can just close the window afterwards.

That doesn't work since the upgrade. I now have to turn the sound off every time I log in.

#60 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-14, 06:51

View Postsfi, on 2015-January-14, 06:35, said:

That doesn't work since the upgrade. I now have to turn the sound off every time I log in.

Yes, I've found that too.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users