BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players - BBO Discussion Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players Version 1.48j is here!

#21 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 01:26

At $1 per game, I would expect ACBL masterpoints to be awarded. I'm not paying any money to play until I'm guaranteed that the robots I'm playing against are the same robots with the same random seeding that were used in the original tournament.

#22 User is offline   Ennovy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 01:37

This is awefull. I don't see the advantage about ppl knowing who is on my friendslist or not. This will only cause drama and tension and hurt people's feelings. Even if it's not concerning me (if I have people on my friendslist or not) but with a lot of members on BBO it will.

#23 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 01:40

I don't see any indication that anyone can tell who's on my friends list besides themselves. If I "friend" BridgeGoth or Ennovy then there's exactly one person who I know is or is not on their respective friends list: Me. I have no idea whether they are friends with each other, or with anyone else.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#24 User is offline   rainy11 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 04:58

Psyche at instant tourney :P

#25 User is offline   coolbeans 

• Pip
  • Interests:Bridge, computer science, video games, sports

Posted 2015-January-13, 05:54

I'm not a fan of the newest changes. I don't think other players should know we have friended over the years. For example, I currently have 5 friends online, whereas I have 16 people I'm following. It's only 6:53 A.M. EST, so this proportion will most likely grow as the day progresses. I'm not the most sensitive person, but I didn't really want to know that I follow 3 times as many people than those who follow me back.

#26 User is offline   gabrielevh 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 09:11

In my openion it is a very bad idea to show Friends and Followers.
I had to explain myself already several times why I didn't mark them as a friend; they obviously marked me as a friend. I even have had 2 phonecalls and some skype messages about it.
Why should I explain myself.

Something else would be if you would show who has marked me as a friend, who is following me. But that is not the case.

Usually I'm content with BBO web upgrades, but this is a really bad idea.
Please change it back

And 2nd: please give us the red pin bar back in the profiles

Thank you

#27 User is offline   torrr 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 10:22

Hello! A minor glitch that I've noticed with this new version of bbo: it doesn't seem to remember my preference to turn on/off the sounds. It reverts to sounds on every time I log in. I'm running it in Safari on Mac. Tnx!

#28 User is offline   bridgegoth 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 10:43

View PostGreenMan, on 2015-January-13, 01:40, said:

I don't see any indication that anyone can tell who's on my friends list besides themselves. If I "friend" BridgeGoth or Ennovy then there's exactly one person who I know is or is not on their respective friends list: Me. I have no idea whether they are friends with each other, or with anyone else.

But what right do you have to know if I've marked you as friend or not, and vice versa? I cannot come up with single positive to this but can come up with huge negatives.

#29 User is offline   challer 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 10:54

Beware...the Instant tournaments have gone from $.25 to $1:00 and are now 12 boards instead of 8. I won't be playing them now - robot bidding too crazy. Fun to play when you had 15 minutes and they were only 25 cents.

#30 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-13, 11:04

View Postgabrielevh, on 2015-January-13, 09:11, said:

And 2nd: please give us the red pin bar back in the profiles

Thank you

Hi Gabi,

The "Pin" button was replaced with an icon to the top right of the profile, where the "X" that closes it is.

#31 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 11:06

View Posttorrr, on 2015-January-13, 10:22, said:

Hello! A minor glitch that I've noticed with this new version of bbo: it doesn't seem to remember my preference to turn on/off the sounds. It reverts to sounds on every time I log in. I'm running it in Safari on Mac. Tnx!

Hi.

Use the log off button, rather than closing the window directly. That should save your preferences (unless your browser is set to clear cache on exit).

#32 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 11:08

View Postchaller, on 2015-January-13, 10:54, said:

Beware...the Instant tournaments have gone from $.25 to $1:00 and are now 12 boards instead of 8. I won't be playing them now - robot bidding too crazy. Fun to play when you had 15 minutes and they were only 25 cents.

Hi.

There are two types of IT now. The 8-board, 25 cents like before, and a new type which costs $1, is 12 boards long and awards ACBL Masterpoints, in addition to BBO Points. You probably played an ACBL IT and didn't realize the cheaper version was still there.

#33 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:02

I like to have sound OFF and had it set that way in Options before the latest changes. Since the changes were implemented every time I log back in sound is turned back ON. Evidently the setting for sound on/off is not being saved properly.

#34 User is offline   olarim 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:08

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone here. The new feature of knowing if you're on someone's friendlist or not is, literally said, ridiculous. As BridgeGoth said above, it's a major privacy thing. Please explain, what are the benefits of this feature - if there are any? I just find this unacceptable. Please, quickly consider a removal of this feature before more people get hurt or interrogated by their closest because they found out they are on their friendlist or not.

//Ola Rimstedt

#35 User is offline   torrr 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:26

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-13, 11:06, said:

Hi.

Use the log off button, rather than closing the window directly. That should save your preferences (unless your browser is set to clear cache on exit).

Hi, Diana!

Yes, I always use the log off button and my browser doesn't clear cache. I am using the Sound item in the Options menu at the top of the screen to turn sounds off and every time I relog in it becomes checked again (to sounds on). This was working fine before this latest version.

#36 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:34

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-12, 18:34, said:

Yes it means anyone who has marked you as a friend will see if you also marked them back.

Was this something that was a common request? I do not see a single request for it here in the forum. There are, on the other hand, several requests for better ways of avoiding players who are marked as enemies.

Personally, I'd like the option to not have my friends/follows split into two lists. (I honestly don't care whether others can see whether or not I've marked them as friends.) I'd like to return to the format of having one alphabetical list of all the people who are online who I have marked.

#37 User is offline   Finder01 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 12:52

Instant BBO tournaments - not everyone wants their ACBL MP to climb too quickly (I would rather reach the A/X bracket at a reasonable timeframe). The instant tournaments are great because of the freedom to take a quick break at times. The BBO tournaments are also cheaper $.25 versus $1.00.

BBO tournaments award BBO points, ACBL tournaments award ACBL MP.

I like having that choice. The real downside is the changes in GIB creating a different result.

#38 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 13:00

View Posttorrr, on 2015-January-13, 12:26, said:

Hi, Diana!

Yes, I always use the log off button and my browser doesn't clear cache. I am using the Sound item in the Options menu at the top of the screen to turn sounds off and every time I relog in it becomes checked again (to sounds on). This was working fine before this latest version.

OK thanks, had to check. We'll investigate. I see wayne_lv mentioned the same issue.

#39 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 13:40

View PostFinder01, on 2015-January-13, 12:52, said:

Instant BBO tournaments - not everyone wants their ACBL MP to climb too quickly (I would rather reach the A/X bracket at a reasonable timeframe). T

I would rather get to A/X because I'd earned it, not because I bought enough scratch off lotto tickets.

#40 User is offline   shengabus 

• Pip

Posted 2015-January-13, 14:06

I would just like to add my (quiet) voice to the list of objectors to the Friend/Follower list.
I'm not a touchy person; but I also don't see the gain to the public information.

I actually usually "ask" if I can call someone a friend (hence mutual), but sometimes I forget.

An alternative, which I would find actually useful:

Just have separate options of "friend" and "follow" (instead of the current friend OR follow). This way, I can separate out those Stars (they're usually stars), who I might like to kibitz if they're on, from people I can ask for a friendly game etc.

To repeat, my proposal is:
Bring back the "old" friend option -- you just mark someone if you like them for whatever reason. They don't know you've marked them.

Bring in a new "follow" system. It's optional if the person being followed knows who's following them. If you want that public, it's not a big deal.

The only problem, as I see it, someone has you as a friend, and now KNOWS you don't reciprocate (or vice versa).

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users