BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players - BBO Discussion Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Upgraded: ACBL IT, Friends/Followed/Ignored Players Version 1.48j is here!

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-12, 15:53

Please discuss the latest version of BBO here.

Main changes are:
  • ACBL Instant Tournaments
  • Friends, Followed Players, Ignored Players

See release notes here.

Update: Jan 20, 2015. Version 1.48M was released, mainly bug fixes.

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2015-January-21, 05:48

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-12, 16:34

No hope for any of this every making it to the Windows client is there?

While it's not as bad as it used to be, i still find the flash BBO a far less enjoyable playing experience.

#3 User is offline   masonbarge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-12, 17:24

I tried an Instant Tournament and didn't like it. #1, the GIB bids differently now than when they boards were first played, and it can make a huge difference. #2, it isn't a tournament, it's a computer game. Knowing that there are not live people you're competing against just makes it weird, even though the gameplay isn't any different.

#4 User is offline   bridgegoth 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:05

Does this mean anyone who adds me as friend can see if I have them added a well?

If so, this is a real problem in my opinion because it essentially gives people access to my friends/enemies list, and that is not something I want.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:34

View Postbridgegoth, on 2015-January-12, 18:05, said:

Does this mean anyone who adds me as friend can see if I have them added a well?

If so, this is a real problem in my opinion because it essentially gives people access to my friends/enemies list, and that is not something I want.

Yes it means anyone who has marked you as a friend will see if you also marked them back.

I don't think there is any way people can see who you have enemied/ignored though. If you have a specific scenario in mind let us know please, we aren't aware of any issues re enemy list.

#6 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:35

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-12, 18:34, said:

Yes it means anyone who has marked you as a friend will see if you also marked them back.

Unlike x 100,000. This can only cause drama.

#7 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:52

never mind...

#8 User is offline   bridgegoth 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:01

View PostTylerE, on 2015-January-12, 18:35, said:

Unlike x 100,000. This can only cause drama.

Agree 1000%.

I do not in ANY way want people to know who I do and don't have marked as friend. That is a major privacy issue and will cause nothing but hurt feelings and drama.

#9 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:09

It is no longer possible to keep a profile open. It is always closing automatically after a couple of seconds. This I certainly dislike. I used that very often when directing. That made it very easy to jump from one table to another without going the long way through the menus. Is it possible to reactivate that?

Where can I see what players I selected for the ignore functionality? I just misclicked and the profile closed before I could remove the ignore but cant remember who it was. Will any chat from these players be invisible or only direct chat or newsfeed chat or what is that for?

I see you are investing a lot of time in compatibility of users or now followers vs. friends. For me this activities about social networking are of little use but maybe I am just old fashioned and cannot see the benefit.

When other players will now see if I list them as friends I don't think that will enhance a friendly atmosphere when we meet next time at the table. I removed a lot of former friends as there was simply too much "noise" when playing and I don't think they need to be informed about that. It does not mean I don't like them or would not play with them and they might get it wrong.

As tourney host for German speaking players I am using the friends list to be able to find subs independent from the sub list, now this is more tricky than before as I always have to check two lists. One of the friends and one of the followers. But no big problem I will get used to that.

I hope very much you will find time to make improvements in other areas too
(neither a complete list nor priorised just what I am missing more than once):
- remove the sound for the card play
- possibility to save hands that you were watching
- improving the possibilities for training setups (saving of hand types)
- saving of hands at a teaching and bidding tables
- Filter funcitionality to find players (country, system, carding, ...).
- Filter functionality to find a table to play
- give a sound when someone enters a room
- bug fixes in team setup
- Feature to find your own subs
- create an app to learn Bridge
- add some features in tourney setup like
-- upload of player lists
-- possibility to setup time per round and not only per board (e.g. 13 minutes for two boards)
-- possibility to select more than one country
-- visibility of table chat for the TD for fast checks of abuse and blacklisting
-- mark players in the sub list that fit to the tourney restrictions and restrict the selection of any sub to those that fit

#10 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:22

The more I read about these Instant tournaments the more it seems like an utter farce.

#11 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:22

Another little bug in how the "friends" are displayed in profile. As the German word "Freund" is too long I see a scroll bar that makes the word "Freund" unreadable.

#12 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:57

View Postscarletv, on 2015-January-12, 19:09, said:

It is no longer possible to keep a profile open. It is always closing automatically after a couple of seconds. This I certainly dislike. I used that very often when directing. That made it very easy to jump from one table to another without going the long way through the menus. Is it possible to reactivate that?
"Pin" has been moved from the bottom of the profile to the top, and it's now a picture of a pin, instead of the word. You didn't think there was any reason for them to mention this, did you? B-)

#13 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 20:23

View PostBbradley62, on 2015-January-12, 19:57, said:

"Pin" has been moved from the bottom of the profile to the top, and it's now a picture of a pin, instead of the word. You didn't think there was any reason for them to mention this, did you? B-)

I didn't even know that in English it was called "Pin". Thanks for clarification happy to have it back. B-)

#14 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-January-12, 20:37

View PostTylerE, on 2015-January-12, 19:22, said:

The more I read about these Instant tournaments the more it seems like an utter farce.
These are just a reasonable alternative to playing in the Main Bridge Club... small fee, play some hands on your own schedule and at your own pace with three robots at your table, and get a score that, on average, gives a reasonable appraisal of how you did, and you get a traveler so you can review action from other tables to see what you might have done differently. Yeah, there are some oddities, but you take the bad with the good and decide whether you want to play.

#15 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 20:45

But there are no masterpoints awarded?

#16 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-January-12, 21:10

Oops... sorry, I was working on a longer answer, then deleted some, and left stuff out that I wanted to include... The non-ACBL instant tournaments are as I described, and I believe they award BBO masterpoints, although maybe not. (I don't play them, so I'm not sure.) The announcement introducing the ABCL version of these doesn't specify anything about ACBL masterpoints, does it?

#17 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 21:13

Well, if it didn't award masterpoints there would be little point in the ACBL sanction, no?

#18 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-January-12, 21:18

Agreed, but who knows... This is the original notice about BBO instant tournaments, which also doesn't mention masterpoints:
http://www.bridgebas...nt-tournaments/

#19 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 23:16

The original instant tournaments do indeed award BBO MPs. I'm trying an instant ACBL tournament to see what it does.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#20 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 23:59

... 3rd place in an ACBL instant tourney pays 0.45 MPs.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users