• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

the inferior fit from my latest GIB thread

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 08:32

Yeah, this is why I am not really big fan of auctions when see both hands. We all are biased less or more even if we all try hard not to be.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 09:04

Depends. If it's about system then I think it's fine to show both hands. If it's about judgment I agree that showing one hand is better.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 11:25

View Posthelene_t, on 2015-January-13, 09:04, said:

Depends. If it's about system then I think it's fine to show both hands. If it's about judgment I agree that showing one hand is better.

I agree Helene, but if only it was clear whether it is about "system" or "judgement"

In my own observations in these forums, most of the time so called "judgement" problems are often actually a lack of agreement (system) problems. And vice versa, many times I have seen so called "system" problems are in fact lack of "judgement" problems, but system was charged with guilt.

I have seen people who sees "judgement" as a guide to their system as well as seen people who thinks system is a guide to their judgement. Good players seem to be more accurate when deciding which one to give priority on a specific hand that they are faced with, not seeing other hand.. However, players who are not as good seem to be always much more accurate when seeing both hands.

Of course the reason why I do not like topics where I see both hands is subjective. I just don't see them as an improvement to my bridge. I just don't seem to be learning something notable to see how other people bid 2 hands when they see both hands. However seeing one hand, I find myself very interested in what other people have to say. Especially when a person introduces his/her analysis and why he takes the action he chose, instead of offering me another toy which seems to match perfectly for the problem in hand.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users