BBO Discussion Forums: Declarer Collapses and Exposes Her Hand - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Declarer Collapses and Exposes Her Hand

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-09, 13:40

View Postpran, on 2015-January-09, 12:32, said:

Any player exposing himself drunk at a table during an event will find himself immediately expelled from that event with a report to NBF, and then usually suspended from all events in Norway for at least 6 months.

I would think that someone would get expelled (and probably arrested) just for exposing himself, regardless of whether he's drunk. :)

#22 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-09, 14:25

Posted Image

Once Marc van Beijsterveld, who answered the readers' questions about ethics for the Dutch BF's magazine, received the question what to do with a board that couldn't be played because one pair was late due to a car break-down. His answer was that he would only give ave- if the car didn't have a valid MOT certificate. So analogously one could say that the OS in this discussion only gets ave- if she had received medical advice against playing bridge.

This once happened in my Copenhagen club. A female player got constantly abused by her husband, once to the point that she got a heart attack during a club session. Her GP told her to stop playing bridge. But she persisted.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#23 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-09, 14:37

Any player exposing himself drunk at a table during an event will find himself immediately expelled from that event with a report to NBF, and then usually suspended from all events in Norway for at least 6 months.

View Postbarmar, on 2015-January-09, 13:40, said:

I would think that someone would get expelled (and probably arrested) just for exposing himself, regardless of whether he's drunk. :)

Indeed (after consulting my dictionary).

Well, English is not my native language and I find now that I had probably been better off using the verb "reveal" rather than "expose"? :P

#24 User is offline   pran 

Posted 2015-January-09, 14:43

View Posthelene_t, on 2015-January-09, 14:25, said:

Posted Image

Once Marc van Beijsterveld, who answered the readers' questions about ethics for the Dutch BF's magazine, received the question what to do with a board that couldn't be played because one pair was late due to a car break-down. His answer was that he would only give ave- if the car didn't have a valid MOT certificate. So analogously one could say that the OS in this discussion only gets ave- if she had received medical advice against playing bridge.

This once happened in my Copenhagen club. A female player got constantly abused by her husband, once to the point that she got a heart attack during a club session. Her GP told her to stop playing bridge. But she persisted.

Well, there is a tale about a half-drunken girl waking up in a cowshed, looking up on a cow and shouting: "Hey, one at a time, guys!"

ough!

#25 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-January-10, 00:49

All I really want to know is what was her hand? 28 points? 10 hearts?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#26 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-10, 10:59

Luckily we shall never have that problem in Norway:

The Norwegian Bridge Federation has zero tolerance on consumption of alcohol and/or on smoking during events sponsored by the federation (or subordinate bodies).

Harsh? maybe.

We in the UK have often said that other countries don't understand our drinking culture.

#27 User is offline   pran 

Posted 2015-January-10, 12:59

View PostVixTD, on 2015-January-10, 10:59, said:

We in the UK have often said that other countries don't understand our drinking culture.

Absolutely correct!

(I take the liberty to claim that I am one that does, but also that while they seem to work fine in the UK I have no belief in your cultures here in Norway!)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users