• You cannot reply to this topic

JEC Jan3 Board 15

#1 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2015-January-03, 20:17

Plan the play.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#2 User is offline   foobar 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-04, 02:02

Are the opps playing standard or UDCA? Regardless, I might have ducked the first to limit their communication options (more out of general principle than anything specific to this hand).

Anyway, having won the first , I would guess to play for a general cross ruff hoping to score the small trumps in my hand with ruffs. Accordingly, advance the T and see what they do next.

#3 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-04, 05:34

I'd duck the first spade. What do they do on this trick, and what happens next? And what signals do they play?

A pure crossruff is problematic, because they can return a trump each time they're in, probably holding me to five or six trumps, one spade and one diamond. Instead, I may have to set up one hand or the other.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#4 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-04, 15:41

I am not sure you can make it against the actual distribution, but I am 100% confident you went wrong a few tricks later when you started pulling trump. At that point, you had a likely cross-ruff available (just needing the T onside, or a lucky heart distribution), and instead you played East for a 17 count (AK AK K). The cross-ruff would have lead to down one against the actual distribution (instead of -2).
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users