Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO New Years Day Nightmare

#1 User is offline   radbcc78 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-January-01, 12:24

Here is how I spent my New Year's Day. My partner entered me into a free tourney [EDIT: details removed]. During the tourney, I click the Director button and "there is no director" comes back the response. Round 3 is over and there is no movement to round 4 even after the round clock shows "-42". yes -42 !!! I can not click the director button to withdraw as that option did not exist. I log off from BBO. I try logging back in. BBO puts me right back into the same tourney with no director and no movement and all players stuck in limbo. BBO has to fix this NOW! There should be a director with every tourney. No director No tourney. Or else, every tourney MUST have withdraw option. Or else, when relogging on, user should have option to rejoin TRY or TM. To be stuck in limbo like this is a nightmare. Thanks and HNY !!!

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2015-January-01, 15:09
Reason for edit: Removed T# and TD username

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-January-01, 14:38

So, you've been a BBO member for over 3.5 years, with 3000+ logins, and today, for the first time, you log into the forum to vent your spleen? Happy Freakin' New Year.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-January-01, 15:11

View Postradbcc78, on 2015-January-01, 12:24, said:

Here is how I spent my New Year's Day. My partner entered me into a free tourney [EDIT: details removed]. During the tourney, I click the Director button and "there is no director" comes back the response. Round 3 is over and there is no movement to round 4 even after the round clock shows "-42". yes -42 !!! I can not click the director button to withdraw as that option did not exist. I log off from BBO. I try logging back in. BBO puts me right back into the same tourney with no director and no movement and all players stuck in limbo. BBO has to fix this NOW! There should be a director with every tourney. No director No tourney. Or else, every tourney MUST have withdraw option. Or else, when relogging on, user should have option to rejoin TRY or TM. To be stuck in limbo like this is a nightmare. Thanks and HNY !!!

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Usually there is a TD for every tournament, but accidents happen. The TDs themselves might be having connection problems. When something like this happens call a yellow host and they can either cancel the tourney or take over and direct it until it is completed.

Also, reports like this one, with specific tourney number or BBO usernames of people involved should be sent to abuse@bridgebase.com or support@bridgebase.com, not posted in the Forums.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users