BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Sat January 3rd 2PM Eastern (8PM Central Europe) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Sat January 3rd 2PM Eastern (8PM Central Europe) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC/Garozzo on Saturday

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-29, 06:45

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC/Garozzo on Saturday.

#2 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:*dreaming*

Posted 2014-December-29, 14:32

Me and Derric would like to keep practicing. Maybe we will be ready for our f2f league starting in January :)

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-30, 08:20

Any takers? Need one more pair.

#4 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-30, 08:36

Looking for a partner.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-31, 07:15

I'll partner you if no one else jumps in, but TBH I prefer to see some of the stronger players applying. We gotta beat those guys!

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-31, 09:13

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-December-31, 07:15, said:

I'll partner you if no one else jumps in, but TBH I prefer to see some of the stronger players applying. We gotta beat those guys!

Beating them has nothing to do with how we line-up or how good we play. It is about how they line-up and how good they play...for multiple reasons. Last time we won I was playing, and tbh I wish I could say that we played great. Not even close. They just gave and gave and gave, Phil and I was at the right place at the right time and did not reject what they gave, by simply being at the table at the right time.

Putting pressure on BBF team as if winning is priority will make negative effect on players imo. We will win now and then but this won't be due to who we seated or how we played, trust me.Posted Image

Our goal was to make BBF more popular and discuss the hands, play with each other, with whom we reply/comment back and forth daily, against a good team. For example, I wish Justin, Andy, Mike, Frances etc etc played 4-5 times vs JEC with their card saying " I regularly write in BBF, join us!" Not so that we win vs JEC, although that would not hurt.Posted Image I mean Justin's name is great for advertising, as well as others I listed. And we would have much better topics to enjoy from these matches. My concern is that we are not getting any of these (new members joining due to JEC matches/topics that are adv+ level) at least not as much as I thought it would produce, when we started this.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-31, 09:21

View PostMrAce, on 2014-December-31, 09:13, said:

Beating them has nothing to do with how we line-up or how good we play. It is about how they line-up and how good they play...for multiple reasons. Last time we won I was playing, and tbh I wish I could say that we played great. Not even close. They just gave and gave and gave, Phil and I was at the right place at the right time and did not reject what they gave, by simply being at the table at the right time.

Putting pressure on BBF team as if winning is priority will make negative effect on players imo. We will win now and then but this won't be due to who we seated or how we played, trust me.Posted Image

Our goal was to make BBF more popular and discuss the hands, play with each other, with whom we reply/comment back and forth daily, against a good team. For example, I wish Justin, Andy, Mike, Frances etc etc played 4-5 times vs JEC with their card saying " I regularly write in BBF, join us!" Not so that we win vs JEC, although that would not hurt.Posted Image I mean Justin's name is great for advertising, as well as others I listed. And we would have much better topics to enjoy from these matches. My concern is that we are not getting any of these (new members joining due to JEC matches/topics that are adv+ level) at least not as much as I thought it would produce, when we started this.

Not trying to put any pressure there, sorry. But then again I'm very competitive, I play to win, I'm not happy with "nice experience, thanks all". Sorry if my post came across the wrong way, it was simply meant as "If someone better is available, by all means, please join - I'm happy to let them play instead"

#8 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2014-December-31, 21:22

I do think we all play to win no matter what, sometimes it isnt just that easy. Never played a match to lose, but winning them is hard when they play with their A game.

#9 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2014-December-31, 21:53

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-December-31, 07:15, said:

Sorry, can't help you out on the stronger players front, but I would be happy to play with Arend.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#10 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-01, 09:59

I am happy to play with mgoetze, but also happy to be replaced by a more established partnership (or stronger players) - even at last minute.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#11 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-01, 16:06

OK so far we have:

suokko + derric
cherdano + mgoetze

If a regular partnership wants to apply, cherdano & mgoetze will let them play instead.

I'll announce we have a team in any case :)

#12 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-02, 04:16

View Postdiana_eva, on 2015-January-01, 16:06, said:

OK so far we have:

suokko + derric
cherdano + mgoetze

If a regular partnership wants to apply, cherdano & mgoetze will let them play instead.

I'll announce we have a team in any case :)

Good team, good luck guys.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users