BBO Discussion Forums: free tournaments with 30s to make a play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

free tournaments with 30s to make a play

#1 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-29, 04:04

i hate clueless players who type 'faster pls' and so on. bridge is supposed to be a thoughtful game. this 30 second tournament rule encourages these idiots and dumbs down the game.

imo the objectives could be achieved better by giving a player a time allowance for the hand which he can dip into by clicking a button as in online poker. perhaps have a warning flash up every minute (or 30s as now if you want to be harsh) that the player can click to continue drawing down his time bank while he's thinking.

#2 User is offline   wanoff 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-December-29, 05:17

View Postwank, on 2014-December-29, 04:04, said:

i hate clueless players who type 'faster pls' and so on. bridge is supposed to be a thoughtful game. this 30 second tournament rule encourages these idiots and dumbs down the game.

imo the objectives could be achieved better by giving a player a time allowance for the hand which he can dip into by clicking a button as in online poker. perhaps have a warning flash up every minute (or 30s as now if you want to be harsh) that the player can click to continue drawing down his time bank while he's thinking.

Agree, and I've more or less given up playing there.
It's hard to say which are the more irritating, the idiots who ask you to speed up or the 'experts' who turn out to be idiots.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-29, 12:56

People playing with randoms in the MBC are mostly not interested in playing serious bridge. They just want to get a bunch of hands in during a break in whatever else they were doing, and they're not interested in waiting for you to figure out which squeeze is best.

Play with friends or in an ACBL tourney, you won't get so much of that. If you go into the tank for a minute people will wonder if you've lost your connection, but they won't bug you after 20 seconds.

#4 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-29, 22:50

I wonder when BBO will introduce the format where the game automatically makes any legal play at random.

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-29, 23:10

I wonder if there would be a market for Free Automated Fun (note the lack of the word "Express") which could be run just like the EFAF, but with a 60 or 75 second limit on each action and a requirement that all hands get played through the GIB threshhold, so there is no stalling for Average scores on disaster hands.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users