• You cannot reply to this topic

Merry Christmas Everyone

#1 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-December-23, 14:30

From me (“the wishor”) to you (“hereinafter called the wishee”)

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all….. and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted year 2015 but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms viz:

- This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
- This greeting is freely transferrable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
- This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
- This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
- This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably can be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting whichever comes first.
- The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.
- Any reference in this greeting to “the Lord”, “Father Christmas”, “Our Saviour”, or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referred third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#2 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2014-December-23, 14:36

My daughter picked me up some greeting cards for my team here at work. They said peace on earth on the front but Merry Christmas on the inside. I hope I don't offend anyone.

I included a candy cane that is corn syrup free from Whole Foods. Hopefully the sugar cane growers also received a fair wage, that the cane doesn't contain GMO materials, and is cage-free and hormone-free.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2014-December-23, 14:37

jillybean, on 2014-December-23, 14:30, said:

- This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

Alright, I shall await your further clarification then. Plenty of time to sort it out, of course, since

jillybean, on 2014-December-23, 14:30, said:

the summer solstice holiday

is still some ways in the future. ;)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2014-December-23, 15:14

Phil, on 2014-December-23, 14:36, said:

My daughter picked me up some greeting cards for my team here at work. They said peace on earth on the front but Merry Christmas on the inside. I hope I don't offend anyone.

Merry Christmas is fine but this peace stuff has to go.
Ken

#5 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-December-23, 15:42

mgoetze, on 2014-December-23, 14:37, said:

Alright, I shall await your further clarification then. Plenty of time to sort it out, of course, since

is still some ways in the future. ;)

Christmas, life and a summer solstice do exist outside of North America :;)

Southern Hemisphere summer solstice
(Australia, New Zealand, South America, Southern Africa)

December solstice 2014:
December 21, at 23:03 UTC.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-23, 16:08

kenberg, on 2014-December-23, 15:14, said:

Merry Christmas is fine but this peace stuff has to go.

Don't worry, it always does.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-December-24, 02:45

Many wishes for the holiday season to all those I met on this site talking about various topics was hoping to be useful but the most important thing for the company that raises something more futile, hello wishing still many beautiful things that make us happier.

#8 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-24, 08:36

Yes, Merry Christmas to all my forum friends and happy holidays to everyone and Jillybean. Although I am not Christian, I enjoy this time of the year very much. I wish we had snow in Houston TX, as we did in Santa Fe NM every this time of the year, but I still love it. Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#9 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-24, 09:55

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and a gleeful holiday for those who don't.

#10 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-24, 11:30

I echo the sentiments of others - and point out to MrAce that there's no snow here in Rochester NY, either. :)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#11 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-24, 11:48

No white Xmas in New England, either. It will be mostly rain and drizzle. I think they're expecting snow in the mid-west, though.

#12 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2014-December-24, 14:40

My very best wishes to everyone. May we find ways to make our lives and the lives of others a little better.

No snow here in Maryland either.. Before winter is through, we will probably have enough of it to keep me busy.
Ken

#13 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2014-December-24, 16:43

Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone on BBO
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#14 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2014-December-24, 16:56

eagles123, on 2014-December-24, 16:43, said:

Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone on BBO

Yeah Merry Christmas to everyone on BBO except for the 154 people on my enemies list and the 10 people I've blocked on the forums.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#15 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2014-December-24, 17:00

Happy holidays to all. For those pining for snow, we have some extra here in Upper Michigan, available for the taking.
:)
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#16 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-24, 22:17

heh. B-)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#17 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-25, 02:03

Best wishes to all. We are enjoying a white Christmas in Central Finland. (Just about enough snow to make it white.)

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#18 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2014-December-25, 02:35

Some fog in Huntington Beach, CA tonight. Will likely take the Clayton 5 on a bike ride along the water tomorrow.

Have learned to enjoy winter here with the 70 degree weather and silver sun.

Merry Christmas. Hope your 2015 is fantastic.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#19 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-25, 03:22

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sunny and warm outside, which is quite unusual for Bucharest this time of the year.

#20 User is offline   calabres 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-December-25, 07:10

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all BBO stuff, and a special season greetings to all Unibridge Club Members and TDs Aurora, Eva 47, Golfermike and Aclegend. Please be happy. IT'S AN ORDER. :rolleyes:
calabres
UNIBRIDGE CLUB Manager
www.unibridge-club.com

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users