BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Sat, Dec. 27 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Sat, Dec. 27 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC/Garozzo

#1 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:*dreaming*

Posted 2014-December-22, 15:32

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC/Garozzo on Saturday.

We (suokko & Derric) want to try it again.

#2 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2014-December-22, 15:37

phoenix214 and stunvite for Saturday if possible as well

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-23, 01:15

BBF team for Saturday is:

suokko + Derric
phoenix214 + stunvite

Good luck!

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-28, 06:45

This didn't go well, lost by 75 IMPs. Not sure what went wrong, I wasn't kibbing but with both our pairs testing system and gadgets I suppose wrinkles came out?

Results here: http://webutil.bridg...9479-1419706770

#5 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-28, 13:52

Not much about system. We collected minus mostly from worse judgement at biding and some errors in hard defensive situations. Our opponents showed how little errors they can make.

Of course it helps biding judgement when one gets more familiar with the new system but that shouldn't be our (me&Derric) excuse for mistakes.

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-28, 16:14

View Postsuokko, on 2014-December-28, 13:52, said:

Not much about system. We collected minus mostly from worse judgement at biding and some errors in hard defensive situations. Our opponents showed how little errors they can make.

Of course it helps biding judgement when one gets more familiar with the new system but that shouldn't be our (me&Derric) excuse for mistakes.

I was giving you an excuse :P OK OK, that doesn't help when you really want to improve. Any interesting hands or decisions? Was it good practice? Kibs were pretty ruthless, but most of them just watched the score and drew the conclusion you must be bad, else why are you losing. The better players were interested in the system stuff and asked if anyone knows what you are playing.

#7 User is offline   suokko 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-29, 09:05

Nothing special realy. A lot of small details. Some errors probably were missed by ruthless kibs because they didn't cost anything. We found something to improve from over 20 boards.

No surprise that kibs were telling we are bad players. We were bad compared to our opponents but that is just relative to our opponents. Most of ruthless kibs wouldn't be favorites to win if playing against our line up on Saturday. I prefer to play against world champions and lose. That is the best way to learn play better.

I like to keep our agreements publicly shared. They are still far from including all details but they are complete enough to give general idea how the system is supposed to work. https://googledrive...._Pauli_2015.pdf

Google decided that my notes have something inappropriate. It is blocked for sharing until manual review. But original odt file is still shared.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users