• You cannot reply to this topic

Whaddaya mean "we," Kemosabe?

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-December-13, 16:15

My link

Matchpoints, ACBL robot individual

It used to be that you could make doubles like mine to get the robot to lead your suit. So, is this a fixable case of "the documentation doesn't match the programming and the robot read it as a take-out double" or is North just making one of his frequent appearances as my third opponent?

#2 User is offline   Leo LaSota 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-December-14, 05:45

View Postuva72uva72, on 2014-December-13, 16:15, said:

My link

Matchpoints, ACBL robot individual

It used to be that you could make doubles like mine to get the robot to lead your suit. So, is this a fixable case of "the documentation doesn't match the programming and the robot read it as a take-out double" or is North just making one of his frequent appearances as my third opponent?

You were your own "third opponent" on this hand. You showed a stronger diamond suit with your double of 3D (KQ+ or better). Change your queen of hearts for the ace of diamonds and you are a big favorite to make 4D. The opponents have a good heart fit on this auction, and GIB is looking at a singleton heart. There is plenty of reason to think that not selling out to 3H is correct with the GIB hand. Your hand could have held 3+ clubs, so introducing the 5 card club suit is very reasonable.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users