Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Answering a takeoutdouble

#1 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-December-05, 06:36

Me and partner have different opinions about bidding after a takeoutdouble. Opponents opened a weak 2D which I doubled with 19HFP and my p jumped to 3H. We dont use Lebensohl but its positive anyway. I had AKxxx in S and KJ10 in H and bid 3S to show good hand which p raised to game with 2 small S. He had AQxxx in H so we shud offcource be in 4H. He said he must have 5H when jumping, with only 4 he would quebid 3D. As I indicate interest in both majors with my double I think he could have only 4 when bidding 3H.

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-05, 07:38

With 2-4 in the majors he would have to bid 3h as well unless he was happy to correct 3s to 4c. You can raise to 4h because with 3-4 in the majors he would probably have cued instead. But I don't think this is 100% clear. He might have bid 3h with 4-3 if he thought a moysian plays better in hearts than spades, for example because he expects you to have diamond shortage or because he has diK to protect. Besides, 3S keeps 3nt and slams in the picture.

After you 3S he can better bid something else. 4d or maybe 4c.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users