Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Overkill

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-04, 01:15

Sounds a bit like crowing, sorry, but couldn't resist recording for posterity what I think is a personal best for me. Maybe I shall have to stick to playing at 05:00 in the bath. I expect all y'all have done better.

http://webutil.bridg...227&u=1eyedjack

MP, best hand South, Instant, Pro GIB 30 (at my table).

A couple of baby psychs by me, but nothing outrageous, and some I might have tried with a human partner.

East's 4C on hand 1 is worthy of bringing to the attention of the programmers.

I just got very lucky on hand 2. Should have stuck to NT really. Expecting 4S to be passed was real pie in the sky stuff.

Failing to double on 4 was a lost opportunity as we are making 3H. (Joint) worst result of the set.

Refreshingly and pleasantly surprised with hand 8. In a previous generation GIB North would pull 1N to 2H in the expectation of at least doubleton support.

Shame it wasn't a 55% Rebate, but of course the quality of the human opposition is much higher there. Can't draw too much inference from an 8 board match, I know. I have scored in the low 30s on some occasions.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-04, 01:17

This was the hand 1 that I mentioned above:

Understandably, declarer eschewed the ruffing Heart finesse, as I had promised the Ace for my 1N opener. Phew! But the bidding is the thing. 3CX. Ouch.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-04, 11:23

Once again GIB refuses to defend against a 3C doubled contract with a 6-card stack against the declarer. Do you suppose we have identified a "glitch"?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users